Table of Contents
- Marvel Snap Patch Nerfs and Buffs
- Conquest Mode Has Been Released!
- New Card: Silk is Released!
- Some Cards Dropped Series
- Weekend Missions Arrive
- Series 3 Mystery Shop Arrives
- Daken will be the August Season Pass Card
- High Evolutionary Will Be Adjusted
- Token Tuesdays Take a Huge Hit
- Bundle Releases
- Marvel Snap Zone and Community News
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Marvel Snap Weekly Roundup, your home for all of the major Marvel Snap happenings of the week from your friends here at Marvel Snap Zone. I’m Glazer of Snap Judgments, and I’ll be your guide through everything you need to know to keep up with this game we all love.
Marvel Snap Patch Nerfs and Buffs
- Check out our Patch Note article here!
Galactus is obviously the headliner here. I still think he’s meta and we’re looking for the right deck. You can take a look at our article on Galactus decks below along with my five picks in a video. Remember, it took quite a while for Galactus to be fully optimized in the first place, but this is at least a step in the right direction.
- You can read about a bunch of Galactus decks from the genius of SafetyBlade here.
- The legendary Den has decks for every card adjusted – take a look!
- Check out a video with my favorite ideas for Galactus right here.
Conquest Mode Has Been Released!
Directly from the patch notes:
- With this patch, we are excited to release a new game mode: Conquest. Found in the “Game Modes” section of the bottom Navigation Bar, players can enter Conquests of varying difficulty, earn Medals by playing games, and get exclusive rewards in the Medal Shop.
- Conquest is unlocked after completing the Recruit Season Pass.
- Check out the Conquest blog post for more information!
Snap Judgments: This mode is fun but very time intensive, and the meta doesn’t feel wildly varied within it. Indeed, expect to see an absolute ton of Lockjaw High Evolutionary decks, along with some Evolutionary Lane Lock, a bit of Wave, and some Destroy. The lack of versatility and one loss-and-out gameplay hurt the mode, but it’s both fun and different- different is, in this case at least, quite welcomed.
- The masterpiece Kirallas has a guide to Conquest Mode. Zombies has that guide in a video!
- The legendary Den never sleeps – here are his and Braude’s incredible tips and expected best decks.
- This deck went 30-0 in Gold Conquest, but I still prefer the Destroy deck linked in the above section.
New Card: Silk is Released!
Snap Judgments: I bought Silk. She’s really good – she makes Miles Morales great, she gets into tough locations, and matches Doctor Doom. She can be big brain to play, but in the Stature Darkhawk Decks, Wave Move or even Sera Miracle, she is worth the purchase.
- Always live, Zombies has a video of the best Silk decks taken from this article by the genius, SafetyBlade.
- Here’s my video on where I started with Silk.
Some Cards Dropped Series
- Cards dropping from Series 5 to Series 4:
- Cards dropping from Series 4 to Series 3:
Snap Judgments: Stegron is likely the big winner here, but this is, in a word, disappointing. No Darkhawk or Knull, no Jeff the Baby Land Shark, but worst of all, no Season Pass cards downgrading, as this should have been Zabu to Series 3 and Hit Monkey to Series 4.
Weekend Missions Arrive
- Weekend Missions offer more goals and rewards for players, beyond their current Daily Missions and Weekly Missions. With the initial release of this feature, each weekend will have three Weekend Missions:
- Win Games to Earn Credits
- Win Games with Season Pass Card to Earn Gold
- Win Games with Newly Released Card to Earn Tokens
- Each of these reward amounts will vary depending on the difficulty of the mission. There will be Weekly Missions available for each new card release. Weekly Missions for a Newly Released Card are a great way to earn back Tokens with your new cards – essentially reducing the overall Token cost!
Snap Judgments: I’m very excited to see just how many Tokens we get back. This model is extremely hard to evaluate until then. But hey, anything is better than nothing.
Series 3 Mystery Shop Arrives
Open Mystery Series 3 cards for 1,000 Tokens to gain an unowned Series 3 card for your collection.
Snap Judgments: NO! With 90 cards in Series 3, this is just an atrocious deal. Series 3 is a huge slog with the current system and something MUST be done to help these players since it’s not only nearly impossible to build the deck you want, but you are also playing against opponents with far superior collections.
Daken will be the August Season Pass Card
Marvel Snap’s August 2023 Season starts from August 7, 2022 to September 4, 2023 at 8 PM Pacific Time. The theme is more X-Men and Mech related: It features Daken as the new Season Pass card, Magneto, and Iceman with their exclusive variants! New cards also include Silver Samurai, X-23, and Lady Deathstrike.
Snap Judgments: I’m incredibly excited for this season, as it has some of my favorite cards, like Magneto, and numerous other powerful effects debuting. I think Daken looks great, as the Muramasa Shard doubles his power when Discarded or Destroyed. Making Daken a 3/8 when you play Killmonger or Colleen Wing in Silver Surfer decks is great, but this seems like it would be great in numerous Destroy and Discard strategies. It may even work in Surfer Bounce! If you missed it, by the way, The Phoenix Force is the July Season Pass card.
High Evolutionary Will Be Adjusted
Snap Judgments: Lockjaw Evolutionary is the new meta deck with Evolutionary Lane Lock not far behind, so this isn’t a surprise. Every major meta deck in the game’s history has been nerfed to this point. It would be nice to un-nerf some of these and see what reigns supreme with all of the decks’ power levels upped, but as per my question to Glenn on Twitter, that isn’t in the cards.
Token Tuesdays Take a Huge Hit
Token Tuesdays previously had a 9+ value to dollars spent. They are now changing to far less, as going forward they will be 1400 Gold for 1000 Collector’s Tokens. Here’s our partner WolverThor to tell you why that’s terrible:
Not Quite A Bird Bundle Released
Snap Judgments: This is a giant rip-off – they’re basically trying to charge $30 for access to a Series 4 card for anyone who doesn’t have it. Please don’t buy this.
Here is the masterpiece Kirallas telling you this is terrible value.
Mechurt Connors Bundle Released
Snap Judgments: I think this Lizard is kind of ugly, and credits lose value big time once you’re Series 3 complete, so I’m skipping this. That said, if you want to speed through Series 3, this is a good way to accomplish that goal.
- The masterpiece Kirallas has his guide to the bundle, as always!
- Both Savage Yeti and WolverThor weigh in.
Bring the Pain Bundle Guide
Snap Judgments: If you like these variants at all, this is much buy. The gold alone is $10 more expensive if you buy it straight up. I have a variant I like more for each card, so I’m still torn.
Marvel Snap Zone and Community News
Braude wins Marvel Snap Battle Arena Mid-Season June Tournament!
New Snap Judgments Episode with Savage Yeti and DougPie!
We’ve got all the data mined new stuff from the patch!
- Canadian Alfredo has a developer update
- Legendary Den worries about Jane Jaw.
- Brilliant Lauren Whatever brings us the best Snapalytics in the game.
- Canadian Alfredo wants us to know when to Snap and when to Retreat.
Check back tomorrow for my Sleeper Decks of the Week, and if you found value, check out my YouTube and subscribe! See you all soon!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!