Marvel Snap Card Rarity: Guide to Upgrading Your Cards and Variants to Increase Collection Level
Table of Contents
Cards and their Variants in Marvel Snap have seven levels of Rarity. Upgrading cards allows players to advance their Collection Level, which in turn gives new cards and various rewards. For further details on player progression, check out our dedicated guide.
What are the Card Rarities?
The rarity of the cards are depicted by the border color. Both Base Card and Variants can be upgraded using a combination of Credits and Boosters, and doing so increases your Collection Level as depicted in the table below:
|Rarity||Border Color||Effect||Booster Cost||Credit Cost||Collection Level|
|Common||Grey||Normal card art|
|Uncommon||Green||Art breaks out of the frame||5 Boosters||25 Credits||+1|
|Rare||Blue||Art gains a 3D effect||10 Boosters||100 Credits||+2|
|Epic||Purple||Art gains an animation||20 Boosters||200 Credits||+4|
|Legendary||Orange||Logo on the card becomes shiny||30 Boosters||300 Credits||+6|
|Ultra||Red?||Card border becomes animated||40 Boosters||400 Credits||+8|
|Infinity||Foil||Split the card into two copies and adds a visual effect||50 Boosters||500 Credits||+10|
- Note that Variant cards essentially functions as a separate card and is not linked to their base card in anyway; it can be upgraded in rarity level independently of the base version.
- The rarity upgrade is strictly cosmetic and do not affect the card’s power in any way.
How can I upgrade my cards?
Credits is the main currency in Marvel Snap which is used to upgrade cards. They can be obtained in many ways, such as Daily Missions, Season Passes, Collection Level Road, or purchasing them with Gold.
Boosters are tied to a card and their variants, which are earned naturally through playing. The Boosters you earn are dictated by the cards in the deck you play the game with. You can use the Fast Upgrade section of the Shop to purchase Boosters. However, for many players, Credits will be the main bottleneck to progression, and Boosters will build up as they play so this is not recommended.
As we can see in the above table, upgrading a card from a Common to an Uncommon is the most cost-efficient upgrade. Earn Boosters of Common cards by including them in your deck to level them up as well!
What is a Collection Level?
Increasing your Collection Level is Marvel Snap’s method of progression, allowing players to unlock new cards and obtain various rewards in between. In addition, new cards are unlocked according to the “Pool” of cards in their range of Collection Levels, as per the below table:
|Pool #||Collection Level #||Card #||Decks||Tier List|
|Pool One||Collection Level 18 – 214||46 cards||Decks||Tier List|
|Pool Two||Collection Level 222 – 474||25 cards||Decks||Tier List|
|Pool Three||Collection Level 486+||74 cards||Decks||Tier List|
What is an Infinity Split and how does it work?
Once at the Infinity rarity (the highest level), the card is split into a second copy that starts at Common again but with an additional visual effect, which shows that that card is an Infinity version. The icon depicts the type of split.
After that, you can then begin upgrading that card again, with those respective effects stacking on top of your Infinity effect. Each split adds more cool visual effects, and players are still exploring them! Check out our full guide on Infinity Splits here:
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day and Trending 30 Cards tailored for you!
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!
Need a full guide on what infinity splits are available in the game currently. Great work guys, keep it up!
Hope this helps! https://marvelsnapzone.com/infinity-splits-full-list-and-how-they-work/