Fast Upgrade – Are They Worth Buying?
Marvel Snap’s in-game Shop has a section for Fast Upgrade. These upgrades let you skip acquiring Boosters for a card by playing and instead allow you to purchase the required Boosters with Credits. This is an option for players to fast track their Collection Level Road as part of the overall progression of the game. This guide will go into specifics on Fast Upgrades, such as when they refresh, how they work, and whether players should be purchasing them.
The Fast Upgrade section of the Shop offers a rarity upgrade to three cards in your collection that refreshes every 8 hours, at 8 AM, 12 AM, and 8 PM PST. It essentially allows you to instantly purchase Boosters for cards that you normally accumulate by playing matches.
The in-game description is:
Auto Upgrading Cards
Every 8 hours, three cards will be chosen at random from your collection.
You’ll have the opportunity to upgrade these cards by purchasing all remaining Boosters needed with just Credits!
Earning more Boosters for these cards will lower the price to upgrade at a rate of 1 Booster = 5 Credits.
Upgrading a card’s rarity will increase your Collection Level, which in turn will allow you to get new cards, which you can see the costs in the table below:
|Rarity||Border Color||Effect||Booster Cost||Credit Cost||Collection Level|
|Common||Grey||Normal card art|
|Uncommon||Green||Art breaks out of the frame||5 Boosters||25 Credits||1|
|Rare||Blue||Art gains a 3D effect||10 Boosters||100 Credits||2|
|Epic||Purple||Art gains an animation||20 Boosters||200 Credits||4|
|Legendary||Orange||Logo on the card becomes shiny||30 Boosters||300 Credits||6|
|Ultra||Red?||Card border becomes animated||40 Boosters||400 Credits||8|
|Infinity||Foil?||Split the card into two copies||50 Boosters||500 Credits||10|
Overall, Fast Upgrade, as the name suggests, will allow a player to gain Collection Levels more quickly. However, this is not the most efficient use of Credits as Boosters can be earned for free by just playing games (that can quickly build up as Marvel Snap’s matches are very short!). Most players will find themselves running out of Credits especially if they are free-to-play (F2P).
However, this can still be useful at times when a player has an excess of Credits or cannot play too much and can periodically collect Credits here and there to passively increase Collection Levels during inactive periods.
- The number on the top left corner indicates how many Collection Levels you will gain by upgrading the card.
- Jubilee upgrading from Uncommon to Rare, which requires 10 more Boosters + 100 Credits, giving a total cost of 150 Credits.
- We already have 7 Iron Man Boosters, so 3 Boosters + 100 Credits, giving a cost of 115 Credits.
- The Thing going from Epic to Legendary requires 30 Boosters + 300 Credits, giving a total of 450 Credits.
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon to take advantage of the new Battle Mode!