Table of Contents
The Token Shop is a section of the Marvel Snap shop that offers players to purchase a card that they do not yet own using Collector’s Tokens. In this guide, we break down what it is, how it works, and what you should aim to buy!
What is the Token Shop?
The Token Shop is a section of the Marvel Snap shop that offers players to purchase a card that they do not yet own using Collector’s Tokens. Please note that some of the Token Shop updates have not yet been fully introduced into the game and will be fully relevant when the new patch is released in April.
There are several sections in the Token Shop:
- The section where you can pick up one Series 3 card for free once per season (a card changes every reset).
- The section for buying Series 4 and Series 5 cards. When a new card is released it will be shown immediately after the first reset. A Series 4 card costs 3,000 Collector’s Tokens and a Series 5 card costs 6,000 Collector’s Tokens.
- The section for purchasing Ultimate Variants. Each Ultimate Variant costs 5,000 Collector’s Tokens.
- Players unlock the Token Shop when they reach Collection Level 500.
- The Token Shop offers cards and Ultimate Variants that the player does not yet own.
- Cards being offered refresh every 8 hours at 03:00 GMT (daily reset time), 11:00 GMT, and 19:00 GMT.
- Players can also pin and freeze the Token Shop to lock in their targeted card or Ultimate Variant to obtain later when they acquire more Collector’s Tokens. If you unpin it, it will not change until the next set refresh time.
- The Token Shop is not designed to be the primary way to earn new cards. The Collector’s Tokens will be hard to come by and a lot of them are required to unlock one card.
More tips on buying cards in the Token Shop can be found in our dedicated guide:
Collector’s Tokens are the currency used to purchase cards from the Token Shop. They can be obtained from Collector’s Caches, Reserves, and Bundles. More detailed information on their drop rates can be found here:
Token Shop FAQ
You do not need to complete Series 3 in order to access Series 4 & 5 cards.
Yes, it rotates until all unowned cards within each Series are shown.
Yes, it is set up to rotate through each Series 4 and Series 5 card.
PS — Make sure to pin a card you want, or it could be a while before you see it again!
Yes, you will only be offered unowned Series 4, & 5 cards, or unowned Ultimate Variants.
Yes, you can acquire it naturally even when it’s pinned.
New cards will enter Series 5 on release and over time be downgraded to Series 4, and potentially downgraded to Series 3 later on.
A card will not count as “seen” unless you log in, so you won’t miss a card. You will only miss the opportunity to have seen an additional card.
More information about Marvel Snap economy can be found in our separate guide:
- Ultimate Variants are new variants exclusive to the Token Shop.
- Rare Variants and Super Rare Variants will not be in the Token Shop and will stay in the normal Daily Offer rotation.
What should I buy from the Token Shop?
For our recommendations on what cards you should buy, check out our tier lists:
- March 21, 2023: Major update.
- December 3, 2022: Added Tier List and FAQ section.