The Token Shop is a section of the Marvel Snap shop that offers players to purchase a card that they do not yet own using Collector’s Tokens. In this guide, we break down what it is, how it works, and what you should aim to buy!
Table of Contents
What is the Token Shop?
The Token Shop is a section of the Marvel Snap shop that offers players to purchase a card that they do not yet own using Collector’s Tokens. Please note that some of the Token Shop updates have not yet been fully introduced into the game and will be fully relevant when the new patch is released in April.
There are several sections in the Token Shop:
- The section where you can pick up one Series 3 card for free once per season (a card changes every reset).
- The section for buying Series 4 and Series 5 cards. When a new card is released it will be shown immediately after the first reset. A Series 4 card costs 3,000 Collector’s Tokens and a Series 5 card costs 6,000 Collector’s Tokens.
- The section for purchasing Ultimate Variants. Each Ultimate Variant costs 5,000 Collector’s Tokens.
|Series 3||1 free per Season|
|Series 4||3000 Tokens|
|Series 5||6000 Tokens|
|Ultimate Variant||5000 Tokens|
- Players unlock the Token Shop when they reach Collection Level 500.
- The Token Shop offers cards and Ultimate Variants that the player does not yet own.
- Cards being offered refresh every 8 hours at 03:00 GMT (daily reset time), 11:00 GMT, and 19:00 GMT.
- Players can also pin and freeze the Token Shop to lock in their targeted card or Ultimate Variant to obtain later when they acquire more Collector’s Tokens. If you unpin it, it will not change until the next set refresh time.
- The Token Shop is not designed to be the primary way to earn new cards. The Collector’s Tokens will be hard to come by and a lot of them are required to unlock one card.
More tips on buying cards in the Token Shop can be found in our dedicated guide:
Collector’s Tokens are the currency used to purchase cards from the Token Shop. They can be obtained from Collector’s Caches, Reserves, and Bundles. More detailed information on their drop rates can be found here:
Token Shop FAQ
You do not need to complete Series 3 in order to access Series 4 & 5 cards.
Yes, it rotates until all unowned cards within each Series are shown.
Yes, it is set up to rotate through each Series 4 and Series 5 card.
PS — Make sure to pin a card you want, or it could be a while before you see it again!
Yes, you will only be offered unowned Series 4, & 5 cards, or unowned Ultimate Variants.
Yes, you can acquire it naturally even when it’s pinned.
New cards will enter Series 5 on release and over time be downgraded to Series 4, and potentially downgraded to Series 3 later on.
A card will not count as “seen” unless you log in, so you won’t miss a card. You will only miss the opportunity to have seen an additional card.
More information about Marvel Snap economy can be found in our separate guide:
- Ultimate Variants are new variants exclusive to the Token Shop.
- Rare Variants and Super Rare Variants will not be in the Token Shop and will stay in the normal Daily Offer rotation.
What should I buy from the Token Shop?
For our recommendations on what cards you should buy, check out our tier lists:
- March 21, 2023: Major update.
- December 3, 2022: Added Tier List and FAQ section.
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon to take advantage of the new Battle Mode!
First card I was offered was Daredevil. I kind of regret not pinning him.
For me, the new system fails the most basic test of “is it fun”. It’s a “collectible card game” but without the “collecting”.
There really should be a PSA on how fast players earn tokens, I have seen some estimates of just 4k for a full month of grinding! I.e. very, very slowly.
This economy feels like it was designed to punish players that have finished pool 3. Perhaps the devs want all players to have similar collections, so they accelerated pool 3 progress (pity timer from 9 to 7), whilst making pool 4/5 progress incredibly slow (pity timer 40+).
Maybe it will work out long-term, when cards are downgraded from pool 4 to 3. But current progression, for long-standing players, feels terrible.