Cache Drop Rates and Contents
Table of Contents
In this guide, we take a look at the contents of Collector’s Cache, Collector’s Reserve, and the Season Cache rewards after Collector Level 500 and Season Pass Level 50 in Marvel Snap, as well as the latest changes to the Token Shop.
Collector’s Cache is opened every 8 to 12 levels of the Collection Level Road from Collection Level 506 to 994. They replace the guaranteed Mystery Card presented as a reward for previous collection levels.
Collector’s Caches are divided into groups of four. Each such group will have two “card” Caches, one “token” Cache and one “currency” Cache. These are unofficial names and there is no way to know which Cache or Reserve is opened if you don’t keep records. That is why the names are in quotes.
- When opening a “card” Cache it is guaranteed to contain a Series 3 card.
- A “token” Cache always contains from 200 to 600 Collector’s Tokens, in increments of 100. However, getting tokens is not completely random, but cyclic. Every 10 “token” Caches you get exactly 4,000 Tokens, which are summed from two 200, two 300, two 400, two 500, and two 600 Tokens contained in “token” Caches, arranged in random order. Once you have this sequence, the cycle resets and begins again. So you won’t get, for example, 200 tokens in a row in three “token” Caches. This information has not been officially confirmed by Second Dinner, but the data collected indicate that this is the case.
- A “currency” Cache has a 40% chance to contain 150 gold, a 40% chance to contain 200 credits and a 20% chance to contain 350 credits.
Keep in mind that the above information about the grouping of Collector’s Caches by 4 has not yet been confirmed by Second Dinner.
Officially, the contents of the caches are completely random with a 50% chance of getting a card. However, based on player feedback and conducted research, the division into groups of 4 applies not only to Collector’s Reserves, but also to Collector’s Caches.
Collector’s Reserve is opened every 12 levels of the Collection Level Road starting at Collection Score 1006, replacing the Collector’s Cache. Collector’s Reserves are also divided into groups of four. Each such group will have one Collector’s Reserve from each category: “card” Reserve, “token” Reserve, “currency” Reserve, “cosmetic” Reserve.
- When opening a “card” Reserve it has an 89% chance to contain a Series 3 card (or 100 Collector’s Tokens if all Series 3 cards are collected), 10% chance to contain a Series 4 card and 1% chance to contain a Series 5 card. Unlike Collector’s Caches, Series 4 and Series 5 cards can be found in Collector’s Reserves. A Series 4 card is mixed in a group of 40 Collector’s Reserves. So on average every 40 chests a Series 4 card will be opened, and the maximum number of Collector’s Reserves between Series 4 cards is 79. The chance of getting a Series 5 card is completely random and there is no bad luck protection system for it.
- A “token” Reserve always contains from 200 to 600 Collector’s Tokens, in increments of 100. However, getting tokens is not completely random, but cyclic. Every 10 “token” Reserves you get exactly 4,000 Tokens, which are summed from two 200, two 300, two 400, two 500, and two 600 Tokens contained in “token” Reserves, arranged in random order. Once you have this sequence, the cycle resets and begins again. So you won’t get, for example, 200 tokens in a row in three “token” Reserves. This information has not been officially confirmed by Second Dinner, but the data collected indicate that this is the case.
- A “currency” Reserve has a 40% chance to contain 200 gold, a 40% chance to contain 300 credits and a 20% chance to contain 400 credits.
- A “cosmetic” Reserve has a 40% chance to contain a variant, a 30% chance to contain an avatar and a 30% chance to contain a title.
As in the case of Collector’s Caches, Two Collector’s Reserves in a row may contain identical rewards, just as there may be 6 other Collector’s Caches or Collector’s Reserves between two identical types. Visually, the grouping can be represented as follows:
Season Caches are given as a reward for each level of Season Pass after level 50. Season Cache can contain credits, boosters, or sometimes even gold and variants.
Players need 1000 Season Pass XP per level of the Season Pass. Most of the XP is obtained through Season Pass Missions and the following formula for a bit of extra. This allows players to progress past the main rewards at Level 50 towards the Season Cache:
- 1 XP for each turn played in a match
- 10 XP for each location won in a match
- 50 XP for each Hard Daily Mission
Collector’s Tokens and Token Shop
Collector’s Tokens are used to purchase cards from the Token Shop. More detailed information can now be found on its dedicated guide:
- April 25, 2023: Added information about groups of 10 “token” Caches and “token” Reserves.
- March 23, 2023: Guide overhaul with infographics, up to date information, and a more clear way of explaining how it all works.
- January 10, 2023: Collector’s Reserves now reward different amounts of Collector’s Tokens once you collect all Series 3 Cards. The individual amounts vary from 200-600 instead of only 400. However, the token earning rate remains the same.
- November 29, 2022: Updated for the new patch. No more Boosters in the Collector’s Caches and Reserves!
- November 24, 2022: Updated with information about Collector Tokens.
- November 4, 2022: Steven Jarrett has confirmed the correct drop rate for Titles as 7.5%, with Variants having a 10% drop rate.
- November 3, 2022: Collector’s Reserve now has a 7.5% chance of containing a Title, with Variant rates reduced to 10% and Avatar rates to 7.5%.
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day and Trending 30 Cards tailored for you!
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!
I think this page is a little off base in the presentation of data. Thinking about it in terms of percentages feels wrong. Since the Series 3 groupings (the bulk of the collection progression) are, as you point out in a footnote, fixed. It’s not really 22.5 percent chance to get a Series 3 card. If you get one in the first crate of a group of four, then your percent on the next three crates is 0%. And if you don’t get one in the first crate of a group, your percent goes from 22.5% to 31.5%. If you don’t get one then, your percent because 47.5%. If not then, it’s 100%.
I think you should absolutely be educating people on the grouping system as opposed to the percentages. As the percentage shift as soon as the first crate opens then reset after the group finishes.
I think that the percentages are very clear and with the new bundle of 120 € is everything limpid. This game is a cash grab now.
I am CL 4000+, and I spent 9000+ credits on the day of the patch and gained approx 180 collection levels. I opened ZERO series 4 or series 5 cards in any of my reserve boxes. Is this intended? If so, it feels really bad…
The pool 3 grind for cards was fine, I actually enjoyed the journey.
The grind for pool 4/5 cards is miserable. I just do not understand the design choices here, why make it so difficult to obtain new cards in CCG? That’s where all the fun comes from – new cards and experimentation! The current system means high CL players will go literally WEEKS between new cards.
There hasn’t been a huge backlash because 1) only a minority of players have finished pool 3, and 2) the majority of players do not understand the economy at all.
Nice info. I’ve opened 54 Season Caches and no variants. That 5% is tough to hit.
Collector’s Caches do not guarantee a Series 4 card in every 40 caches. I have opened 42 Collector’s Caches, all since the token shop update, and none of them have been a Series 4 card.
Same, I’ve opened 42 caches in my playtime. Started after the changes. Still did not open a single pool 4-5 card.
Wow, way to fuck over people who’ve completed Pool 3 by making their Pool 4 and 5 collections much harder to be completed. Meanwhile, Second Dinner keeps releasing new P4 and P5 cards that we won’t be able to buy for months and months, maybe for the whole entire year. What a fucky design.
Pool 4 pity rate is absolutely wrong for Collectors Cache. I did not get a single pool 4 card from CL500-1000. 61 Caches to be precise. Currently 22 Reserves into CL1000+ (CL1270) and have still not seen one.. So 83 chests total opened.
With the Series Drop now happening frequently we face a new problem: It will take much more time to complete Pool 3 and get access to the 200 – 600 token caches
So, by the end of the day, the “access” they give us with the series drop, is a little bit overshadowed by the fact that you will basically locked out of the token shop for much more time
will be basically*
How have you guys not corrected the Collector’s Reserve drops? Its been months since SD changed it.
Every 4 CR’s you get one of the following chests:
1. 100 Collector Tokens
2. Currency – 300 credits 40%, 400 credits 20%, 200 gold 40%
3. Cosmetic – Variant 40%, Title 30%, Avatar 30%
4. Card – Series 3 in 9/10 card caches – Series 4 in 1/10 card caches – Series 5 never (once you are Series 3 complete, in 9/10 card caches you get 200-600 Collectors Tokens)
48 collector’s reserves in and no card so far and counting. This is plain bullshit
I think you dont understand how it works. You need count until 79 chest not 48.
However i think MSZ should indicate you can have only one S4 in 40 chest group, you cant have luck and cant have 2 S4 card in 40 chest group. So once you get your S4 card your chance to loot a S4 card is 0%.
Pity timer in this game is different than hearthstone. I dont even think we can it pity timer.
You don’t have a 10% chance to get a Series 4 in each Collector’s Card Cache. You get 1 Series 4 card in every 10 card caches. You may open a Series 4 card in back to back card caches but that just means you opened your 10/10th and 1/10th card caches.
I understand pretty well that you can open the 1 in a series of 40 and the the next one with a card can be the 40th in the next series of 40, i just say thats plain bullshit in a CCG..
Meh, the site lagged and i double posted….
Gee SD, thanks for increasing the token drop rate as all of the players who started at launch are close to, if not already have completed pool 3! Just in time for us to get no benefit!
1) Are you sure there is a pity timer of 79 in the Collector’s Caches? Because I don’t think there is such a thing.
2) If the percentages for the Collector’s Reserves has been updated from 25%/25%/25%/25% to 100%/100%/100%/100% to be less confusing to players, the same change should be made to Collector’s Caches because there are also groups of four caches (base card/base card/tokens/gold or credits).
Think about the Collector’s Caches as batches of 40. With every batch of 40, you are guaranteed that one (and from what I understand, only one) of them, somewhere, will be a series 4 card. The 79 comes from the maximum possible gap you can have in between opening a new card if you get a card on the first cache in the first batch and the last card in the second batch.
Of course, if you’re getting the card last in the second batch, then at most you’re only going to need to open 39 caches for the next card.
1) JavaBaklava answered correctly. 79 reserves is the maximum number that can be between two Series 4 cards. It turns out if within the first group of 40 a card is in the first reserve, and within the second group of 40 a card is in the last reserve.
2) If I understand correctly, I have a question. Are you sure there is also a group system for collector’s caches? Haven’t seen that information and as far as I know it uses the old weighted system where the game balances players so everyone has the same amount of cards on average.
Ad. 1) Guys, I’m not talking about Collector’s Reserves, but specifically about Collector’s Caches. In the Collector’s Cache section of this article, there is a note: “Series 4 cards are guaranteed in 40 caches – maximum of 79 in between cards.” As we know, there are only 52 caches between CL 506 and 994. I can tell you exactly what cards I got from those 26 caches (26 of 52) and there were no Series 4 cards.
Ad. 2) Of course I’m not sure, because – as Kirallas already stated – this information was probably never confirmed by SD. But I can tell from a small sample of my collection track and a few other persons that from every four Collector’s Caches, I always get 2 base cards, 1 Tokens pack, and 1 Gold/Credits pack.
See attached screenshots for more information: https://imgur.com/a/PB5d9RQ. The 1st screenshot shows the compiled list of all 52 Collector’s Caches with additional information about resources.
For some reason I can’t respond to the last comment, but this is the answer to that.
1. Yeah, you’re right, that seems to apply only to reserves. Thank you! I’ll update the article.
2. Yes, it seems this hidden change is present in the game. Although it was stated that it only applied to reserves. I will try to gather more data about it. But I’ll probably update the article to include it as well.
I have the same issue with replying to my previous comment.
Thanks for the last tweet and recent updates to the article. I will try to ask devs about the precise drop rates of Series 4 and Series 5 in the Token Shop and this theory of a group of 4 caches in Collector’s Caches.
And one more thing: I have some small editorial notes on another article of yours. Can we talk in private?
Message me on discord: Kirallas#9586
Why does everyone – including this article – keep saying there’s a maximum of 79 between pool 4 cards, when it’s 78?
Take 2 groups of 40 reserves, that’s 80. Let the very first one be a card, and the very last one. That’s 80-2 = 78.
79 means how many Collector’s Reserves you must open to get the next Series 4 card, not the number of caches between the caches with cards.
Variant’s rate is been going down so rapidly. And the new variant system doesn’t help. Why did they decide to make Rare and Super Rare variants?
Can’t really grasp the reasoning behind it
Juste pour dire que je suis CL 7050 et que ma dernière S4 était Sentry il y a 93 coffres.
Donc la limite des 79 coffres ne fonctionne pas a priori.
Bonne journée, merci pour les articles 👍🏻
I’m coming up on about my 300th cache, over 3,000 levels, since the last time i’ve opened a card, and several series 4 and 5 i’m missing 😫
Hi, this thing: “January 10, 2023: Collector’s Reserves now reward different amounts of Collector’s Tokens once you collect all Series 3 Cards. The individual amounts vary from 200-600 instead of only 400. However, the token earning rate remains the same.”, is it true even if the cards (pool 3) that I am missing are part of the last Series Drop?