Table of Contents
- Spider-Man Reworked – Love It
- New Patch Card Updates – Leave It
- Collector’s Cache Update – 100 Tokens or Gold Ticket – Leave It
- New Patch And No Card Series Downgrades – Leave It
- New Season Pass Card: Daken Releases – Love It
- Big in Japan Season Cards All Series 5 – Leave It
- Spotlight Caches August Week 1 – Leave It
- The Doctor is Tin Bundle – Leave It!
- Stegronosaurus Wrecks Bundle Releases – Love It
- Marvel Snap Zone and Community News
- Snap Judgments Podcast
Hello everyone, and welcome to Marvel Snap Love It or Leave It, a new feature where we look at the happenings and trends of the game this week and decide whether we love it or would leave it. I’m Glazer of Snap Judgments, and I’ll be your guide through everything you need to know to keep up with this game we all love.
Spider-Man Reworked – Love It
Spider-Man as a lockdown card was becoming oppressive, not to the meta, but to specific strategies. With the card everywhere strategies using combinations of cards like Wong and Shuri were kept from the top of the meta while go-wide strategies were limited, as well. There was also, of course, Galactus, but the less said about that, the better.
Spider-Man is now a totally different card – a full redesign, and I couldn’t be happier. He’s already in meta decks, both Silver Surfer and Move variations, and as a 3-5, his power and versatility keep him playable. Heck, he even makes Jeff the Baby Landshark a touch less oppressive, as now there’s a commonly played cheap-ish card that can help get into locked lanes. Spider-Man is quite powerful, but more importantly, now he’s both fun and powerful.
New Patch Card Updates – Leave It
Outside of the Spider-Man change, the rest of the card updates were lackluster.
- Cable was changed to pull the top card of the opponent’s deck instead of the bottom. Functionally, this just means he’s way less likely to pull America Chavez. That’s a good change, but compared to Maria Hill, Sentinel, and, especially, Mirage, it’s probably not enough to get him into decks.
- Evolved The Thing now hits three different targets, which means at any location without three targets, there will be fewer negatives overall. Thing wasn’t what was oppressive about the High Evolutionary package, though it was a very good card. I’m not sure it still is now.
- Mister Negative now caps the power of negated cards at 6. That’s good and consistent with the Peak. I’d give more props for this, but it’s fairly obvious this is how it was always meant to work.
- Rogue copies On Reveals if she grabs an Ongoing from a card. Soul Stone and Electro beware, I guess.
- Magik can now be played (without effect) on the last two turns of the game. This is definitely a functional improvement. I am, however, still sad that the cool Invisible Woman for Limbo on Turn 6 plays are gone.
A lot of the bigger changes this month happened during OTA, but that doesn’t change how anticlimactic these changes (outside of Spider-Man) felt.
Collector’s Cache Update – 100 Tokens or Gold Ticket – Leave It
Collector’s Caches have been a sore spot in the wake of Spotlight Caches being released. In particular, many were frustrated that opening a Collector’s Cache could lead to a paltry 50 Tokens. That has been changed to be 100 Tokens or a Gold Ticket at a 50-50 rate. That’s still 50 Tokens. A Gold Ticket is nice, I guess? It doesn’t address the core issue. Do better.
New Patch And No Card Series Downgrades – Leave It
We’re now three months without any cards going down in Series as the size of Series 5 has swelled to an all-time high. There are cards, particularly Darkhawk and Season Pass cards for whom it feels a breach of trust to have not downgraded to Series 3 by now. Second Dinner has steadfastly refused to communicate on this issue. The new system will no longer be advantageous to the community if this keeps up.
If there are no downgrades in September, this will be the first ever absolute HATE it.
New Season Pass Card: Daken Releases – Love It
Daken is excellent. He goes in so many archetypes. There are Destroy builds that run him and Deadpool and go big by blowing up their own board. There are Silver Surfer builds that use him as a big body to receive the Surfer buff.
And of course, there are Discard builds, suddenly the most relevant they’ve been in ages.
If you want videos on Daken decks, check these out:
Big in Japan Season Cards All Series 5 – Leave It
For the first time since direct-to-Series-4 cards were released, we’re going a month without any. That’s hugely unfortunate. This combined with my frustration about cards not going down in Series discussed above is my great concern about the game going forward.
I have no idea if all of these cards are worth it, and for the previous two months, the best card was a Series 4 release each time – Spider-Ham and Legion. What it does mean is that Spotlight Caches are extremely important now because there is absolutely no Token discount on these cards at all.
Please at least consider optimizing your Token use to get the most out of this system.
Spotlight Caches August Week 1 – Leave It
The only real reason to open this week is if you’ve been absolutely dying for Galactus. If you are, that’s fine, and he can certainly compete, but the big G is no longer a meta card, so it’s a personal want, not a need for the meta.
You may want Nimrod and Spider-Ham, but with both costing 3000 Tokens and a month full of 6000 Token purchases (or Spotlight Caches) there’s very little reason to cost yourself Caches that you’d likely need to buy back in Tokens down the line instead of spending fewer Tokens now and having Caches for later.
The Doctor is Tin Bundle – Leave It!
By the numbers this isn’t terrible value, coming in reasonably comparable to a Token Tuesday. Token Tuesdays are a baseline very good deal, so it’s strange to call this a Leave It bundle, but it’s a cash bundle, and the floor for which of those are worth is much higher. For just $5 more at the end of the month, you can get double the value.
If you’re willing to spend, this isn’t terrible, but if you’re willing to wait, you can do better. Savage Yeti has a video breakdown of the bundle here.
Stegronosaurus Wrecks Bundle Releases – Love It
7500 Gold is a LOT, and when this was announced, it was terrible. Since then, Second Dinner pumped the Credits in this bundle to 12,000 and sent its value into being worth it. This is the best Gold costing bundle this month, though it’s obviously better for people who have a use for the Collector’s Caches, and if you’re hoarding them, the value will be limited. Unless there is a change though, this is the best Gold bundle of August or September.
As an added bonus, this is actually just a very strong Love It if you need Stegron. There’s now no way to open him on the collection track until he’s in a Spotlight Cache or Series 3, so this is a nice way to get great progression and a Series 4 card to boot.
Savage Yeti has a video breakdown of the bundle here.
Marvel Snap Zone and Community News
The Legendary Den Does Tier Lists
- Ranked Ladder Tier List
- Savage Yeti has a video going over the list:
Bohe’s Back with Deck Guides!
Top 5 – by Me!
- Top 5 Cards Released in the Rise of the Phoenix Season.
Snap Judgments Podcast
Check out the Newest Snap Judgments Podcast here:
Check back tomorrow for my Sleeper Decks of the Week, and if you found value, check out my YouTube and subscribe! See you all soon!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!