Table of Contents
Marvel Snap’s next major patch in June 2023 has a few important information for us to unpack and dissect! From the new Conquest mode, a smaller Series Drop but with potential card acquisition changes, and potentially impactful card balance updates, the next patch will hopefully shake up the current meta and reinvigorate the game!
In this guide, we will breakdown step by step what’s happening and when, collecting the scatter of information that is out there and help you decide what to do before the patch drops. Most things in the “Coming Soon” section of the latest Development Roadmap has now been checked off, but you can see a glimpse of what’s to come so be sure to check it out if you haven’t already!
- Patch release date and time
- Conquest mode
- Card acquisition changes
- Series Drop
- Card balance updates
- Personalized shop – variant shop revamp
Patch Release Date and Time
Firstly, we have not received a confirmed patch date and time for Marvel Snap. Here’s some light detective work based on previous communication. Firstly, Second Dinner has stated that they schedule the patch day to be every four weeks. Based on last month’s date (May 16, 2023), this date should be June 13, 2023.
Secondly, another clue was in last week’s OTA Balance Updates, as well as various communications have stated the patch to be this week. There’s no day specified, but patch days have generally not deviated from the usual Tuesday time.
See you all next week for a new patch and the release of Conquest.
If everything goes to plan, the timing of the patch should be around 8 AM Pacific Time based on the previous ones, so the best case scenario is the patch goes live at that time. Of course, nothing is definite – we’ve had delays before!
Be on the lookout for the patch notes here as they are generally released at the same time as the update, and come back after the countdown has dropped to 0 to see if there has been any updates regarding the patch time.
The major update to this patch should be the addition of the new competitive format, Conquest Mode. It utilizes the current Battle Mode system (i.e. taking 10 cubes over multiple games) for players to enter different ranked leagues, earn medals, and buy rewards. More details about everything we know so far can be found in our guide linked below, as well as some strategy tips and preliminary decks for you to get started!
Card Acquisition Changes
Second Dinner should be tweaking the card acquisition system yet again with this June 2023 update: Already they have committed to some cards starting at Series 4 – Spider-Ham and Spider-Man 2099 – in exchange for a flexible Series Drop (more on that below). With this patch, players should be able to purchase Mystery Series 3 cards for 1,000 Collector’s Tokens in addition to the free one each season.
In a previous patch, we made a few changes for Series 3 players that greatly increased their Token earn rate and introduced the free, seasonal Choose Your Card section. This made new card releases more accessible to these players and ultimately resulted in more cards being collected, but we’ve heard feedback that some players would still like the flexibility to use Tokens for Series 3 cards. In addition to the Choose Your Card section, we’re adding a new way to collect Series 3 cards. In our June patch, we’re updating the Token Shop to include a new section: Series 3 Mystery Card. This option will be available for 1,000 Tokens and can be purchased anytime you have enough Tokens and unowned Series 3 cards.
We may also see Weekend Missions to earn currencies as rewards, but this is not confirmed.
Over the last couple of months, we’ve been making adjustments to increase the rate players are able to acquire Tokens. We think there are more improvements to be made here. In the next few patches, we’ll be introducing a couple more features that will reward more Tokens to more players. Our goal is that with these new features increasing the flow of Tokens, players will be able to purchase more new cards, more frequently! The first of these new features will be Weekend Missions.
Weekend Missions: Weekend Missions offer more goals and rewards for players, beyond their current Daily Missions and Weekly Missions. With the initial release of this feature, each weekend will have three Weekend Missions:
- Win Games to Earn Credits
- Win Games with Season Pass Card to Earn Gold
- Win Games with Newly Released Card to Earn Tokens
Each of these reward amounts will vary depending on the difficulty of the mission. There will be Weekly Missions available for each new card release. Weekly Missions for a Newly Released Card are a great way to earn back Tokens with your new cards – essentially reducing the overall Token cost!
More details can be found in the article below:
The Series Drop for June 2023 has already been announced, with only three cards downgrading as part of a “Flexible Series Drop” change outlined in the article above:
Here are some important things to consider regarding Series Drops:
- Players will eventually get the First Edition Badge (not yet implemented in game) to the Series 5 cards if you obtain them before they drop.
- You can also pin cards in the Token Shop now, and after the patch drops the the price will go down as well. Be careful not to unpin it (do not press Esc, back button, etc)!
- For pinned cards going down from Series 4 to 3, their price will go down to 1,000 Collector’s Tokens so you do not have to use up your free Series 3 card.
- Mystery Series 3 cards should be offered for 1,000 Collector’s Tokens in the shop as an update after the patch (see “Card Acquisition Changes” section above).
- Series 4 cards dropping to Series 3 this month will be offered as your free Series 3 card for the season after the patch if you have not claimed it yet.
- You may want to consider not opening your Collector’s Reserves and/or saving up your Credits as well until the patch to have a better chance of opening these cards.
- Cards not dropping down from Series 5 (“Big Bad”):
- Cards not dropping down from Series 4:
- For the full expected schedule of Series Drops and new card releases, check out our dedicated guide.
Card Balance Updates
Through various answers from the developers, it is strongly hinted that Galactus may face some sort of rework or change. One example question and answer from Glenn (the Principal Game Designer below):
Q: While ago you pointed out that galactus hasn’t reached the threshold you set for him, and that that threshold is much lower than for regular cards. Now my question is, has he crossed that line? He has been the most popular deck in the game since the beginning of previous season, and his play rate (at least according to 3rd party sources that are available to regular players like untapped) has been oscillating between 8% and 12%.
A: Yes, his play rate hasn’t subsided as we’d hoped. We’ve reviewed ways we can adjust his card to better accomplish our goals.Has galactus finally crossed the threshold?
It will be interesting to see whether Second Dinner finally gives in, but players should prepare for it as there won’t be any refunds regardless of what happens!
Another potential change we could see in this patch is how the variant Daily Offers in the shop works. It still remains much to be desired for many players, and we could see some sort of improvements, as Stephen from Second Dinner has eluded to being rolled out in phases:
Q: When might we get an update on the *Personalized Shop* that was in teased in the *In Development* section of the 3/20/23 Roadmap?
A: We will be taking steps over the next few patches to roll out the personalized shop in phases. The first step will largely be tech based. The next one will call out and flag new variants added to the game and ensure everyone sees them if they own the card. Later phases will ensure variants are surfaced to you based off playing with the card, using similar variant styles, etc. We have a lot of exciting plans to build out and improve the daily offer shop throughout 2023Personalized Shop
We hope you enjoyed this breakdown! Conquest mode will surely make a huge impact for the game going forward, and we’re excited to see it unfold. As usual, we could also be in for some surprises with the datamining! Be on the lookout for new cards, bundles, variants, potentially the August 2023 Season, and more, as soon as the patch drops.
We’ll see you again very soon! In the meantime, check back later for news regarding the patch!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!