I Made A Good Deck Worse – And That’s Important.
Howdy folks, friendly neighbourhood HowlingMines here – with a slightly different video today to test your tastebuds.
I’ve been a bit lost this season, tbh. I was very lucky to make Infinite very early, but saving up for Kang The Conqueror and then *still* saving up for Kitty Pryde has left me with no new cards to work with afterward. Honestly, I’ve been a little bored.
So, I’ve been trying to explore underused cards – things that are a little weak, or very niche tech choices – in order to get better matchups against the best decks in the game, leading me back to Goose: A great tool to tackle Shuri Zero and other top heavy decks that got a little forgotten when Zabu made it easy to go underneath it.
So I looked to combine Goose with Mystique to make multiple Goose (Geese?), and then use the Sunspot-Wave-She-Hulk package, and the Doctor Doom/Odin Package to get around the double-sided nature of the effect.
It didn’t work. In fact, the deck felt worse into other matchups, and many players just had their own She-Hulk, Zabu or Doctor Doom to have the same play patterns as me without having to spend time on Goose.
I think it’s still important to make a video like this occasionally when a deck fails: Content Creators are super guilty of hyping up everything as “broken” or “the best deck” and only including wins in their videos – myself included, we’re all slaves to the algorithm! – and it’s not shared enough that sometimes that just isn’t true. It’s okay to brew, it’s okay to try things, and most importantly, it’s okay to fail.
What do you think? Is there merit to this type of video? Does Goose deserve another chance?
If you’d like to discuss any of this further, provide something I missed, or just let me know what you think about it all – Please feel free to contact us on Twitter @MarvelSnapZone or over in our dedicated community Discord server! Alternatively, you can drop me a line personally over on Twitter at @HowlingMines if you’d like a chat with just me.
Until next time.
I’ve been HowlingMines, You’ve Been Amazing.
See you out there in the multiverse!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day and Trending 30 Cards tailored for you!
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!
This is a great article. They aren’t all winners but that is part of learning.
Thanks a lot for showing this side of trying out decks as well. I had the great idea of combining Devil Dino with Arnim Zola. Well, turned out it wasn’t that great of an idea after all… X-D
important article (:
sorry, can’t find the edit button.
wanted to add:
it is an important article for me because i often watch your videos after you present some extraordinary decks and ideas and am blown away:
first by how easy it works out for you (in the video)
and second how i fail with locations, not pulling cards or whatever other frustrating thing…
so again: thank you (: