THIS ROCKS! – A Pool Three Deck By DavyJonesSandwichBag
Welcome to Community Deck Feature! – A series here at Marvel Snap Zone where, as often as I can, I’m going to dip my toes over into the Deck Database section, pull out something that I think is cool or will be useful to newer players, and showcase it in text and video for the entire Snap community to see!
If you’d like a chance to have your deck featured on Community Deck Feature, upload your decklists over in our Deck Builder or share your creations in the Marvel Snap Zone Discord!
Today’s decklist comes from our Discord Server, lovingly sent to me by user DavyJonesSandwichBag (quite the username, by the way!) – They’ve got exactly one goal in mind: Make Rocks, Make More Rocks, and then some Rocks for good measure
While I think this list is arguably quite close to the “Give ‘Em Crap” archetype popularised by several content creators, Davy is taking it to the extreme, arguably giving up more powerful options in order to really push the theme here – Rock generation (or Widow's Bite, which can be an honorary rock in my books) is king, and bricking up your opponents draw steps can be *really* fun.
I wouldn’t mind exploring a few other ways to really get the best of Wong in this deck, however – while we have plenty of powerful On-Reveal effects, using Rockslide to make four rocks on turn five, when the opponent can only draw one more card, seems a bit redundant. Maybe the answer is to play some ramp like Psylocke or Wave to get there faster, or powerful 5-cost On-Reveals like Black Panther to offer Wong more consistency.
That said, the small The Hood + Viper + Beast package in this deck offers a lot of flexibility, and it definitely feels like the deck is able to give you so many options that few games will play the same!
What do you think? Leave your suggestions in the comments below, on YouTube, or tag us on Twitter @MarvelSnapZone!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day and Trending 30 Cards tailored for you!
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!
The biggest problem I have with decks like this is that it’s really hard to know how much your disruption is affecting your opponent, so it makes it challenging to decide when to snap. I’m not really sure how to deal with that problem in deckbuilding – maybe it just requires enough game reps to understand how the game is going.
I think that’s a valid critique, and defo a downside to a deck like this!