Post-Patch Discard Combo Deck Primer – July 2022
Table of Contents
In today’s Deck Highlight, we have a Discard Combo deck by whippet. This deck looks to cheat out your big hitting cards using cards like Wave, Jubilee, and Ghost Rider – which still has a very powerful effect despite the increase in its cost in the recent patch. Enjoy the author’s deck and primer below.
This deck wants to get out big stuff and very much excels at it. The early turns con be a bit lackluster, but points come eventually.
Sunspot: Obvious card to capitalize on doing nothing in the early turns.
Lady Sif/Ghostrider: Discard a 6-drop and get it back, also provides some early play with decent points via LS. Alternatively you slam down the combo on turn six. Every big card is worth it! If you discard Odin you will get out two cards, just be sure to play the combo on an empty location in this case.
Killmonger: He is an obvious tech card. Could be replaced with other tech like Shang Chi, Scorpion, … . I like it though, sometimes it is a very sneaky play as opponents do not suspect it as we run Sunspot. Just keep it small and the loss will be minor.
Wave: Wave helps you cheat out more big stuff and limits your opponent. Against some decks it is important to hold her for the last turn, e.g. against Sera Miracle.
Jubilee: Another card to cheat out big stuff. There are only a few “bad” pulls in this deck.
Captain Marvel: Provides some swing potential and may help you to win the game if any location is blocked from playing (e.g. after an opponent’s Storm).
Magik: We will not run out of space on the board easy and as we will outvalue most other decks, Magik is the perfect fit.
Odin, Giganto, Leader, Infinaut: Big Boys good!
Pool 3 Replacements
Giganto, Leader: Replace them as you see fit with other big stuff. Doctor Doom, Magneta, Doctor Octopus, Hulk, Ironman, Hobgoblin, Jessica Jones – all those could be reasonable.
Captain Marvel: I played Vision in her place, but you can also replace with one of the aforementioned.
Magik: As she has a unique effect, she cannot easily be replaced. If you do not have her, replace her with another swing 5-drop.
Ghostrider: The combo with LS is very unique and the most important swing for this deck. Therfore I suppose he is mandatory.
Killmonger: Shang Chi, Scorpion, or any other tech card to counter the meta (see also card description above). With recent changes (v3.0.x), he will be one of the first pool 3 cards though.
Wave: She has also a very unique effect that benefits your deck far more than most of the other decks. You could play Storm in her place or any other tech card, but it will hurt the deck a lot imho.
Got a cool deck you want to share with us and have it Marvel Snap Zone? Share your decks using our deck builder or look for inspiration in our deck database!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day and Trending 30 Cards tailored for you!
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!