Table of Contents
- Spotlight Caches
- OTA Changes Arrive on 6/22/23
- New Card: Spider-Ham Releases
- Spider-Ham not Releasing in Collector’s Reserves
- Weekend Missions to Resume
- A TON of Upcoming Bundles and Cards are Datamined!
- Bundle Releases
- Marvel Snap Zone and Community News
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Marvel Snap Weekly Roundup, your home for all of the major Marvel Snap happenings of the week from your friends here at Marvel Snap Zone. I’m Glazer of Snap Judgments, and I’ll be your guide through everything you need to know to keep up with this game we all love.
Freshly announced news is another change card acquisition in the patch on July 11th – addition of Spotlight Caches, and rewards contained in the existing caches. Check out the announcement below.
OTA Changes Arrive on 6/22/23
- Doctor Doom goes from a 6/5 that makes 5 power DoomBots to making 4 power DoomBots.
- Red Skull goes from 5/12 with +1 to enemy cards back to a 5/14 that gives +2 to enemy cards.
- Nimrod goes from 5/5 to 5/6
- Nick Fury goes from 5/7 to 4/5
- Krakoa is removed from the game.
Snap Judgments: I called the Doom nerf in our first Snap Judgments on Marvel Snap Zone with Educated Collins. Yes, I’m taking a victory lap – no one else in the community had this change, but Second Dinner has signaled that they will always be nerfing the strongest, most-played card in the meta. I think this is unneeded, especially since they released Spider-Ham (see below) an excellent answer card directly into Series 4. I wish they’d address powerful cards with new releases rather than nerfs more often.
I hate the Red Skull buff. The card was healthy enough, and, well, call me old-fashioned, but I’m perfectly happy with it being a slightly more niche card.
The Nimrod change is probably good. The card is fantastic with Shuri now, and Destroy is rising in the meta, as you may have noticed if you play any Conquest mode. Nimrod hasn’t been in those decks, but may now become a part of them… this seems cool.
The Nick Fury change is amazing. With Zabu to play him early, Quinjet to make his cards cheaper, and Devil Dinosaur to take advantage of more cards in hand, this is fundamentally a whole new archetype born of this change. I’m still unsure if it’s competitive, but it’s cool, fun, and novel. What’s not to like?
New Card: Spider-Ham Releases
Snap Judgments: I bought the Ham, and he’s one of the best cards in the game. After a day of playing with him, I put him in basically every deck, then checked in with Safetyblade and found he was doing the same thing. Turning off everything from Iron Man to Sera to Shang-Chi to Doctor Doom is just absurdly good, and the information he provides about your opponent’s hand? *Chef’s kiss.* For 3000 tokens, this card is a steal!
- Den has a bunch of great Spider-Ham lists!
- I have a video with my Day 1 lists – all have proven really strong.
- And I think Spider-Ham makes this version the best deck in the game! Give it a look:
Spider-Ham not Releasing in Collector’s Reserves
Spider-Ham was released into the featured spot in the shop and is buyable for 3000 tokens as a Series 4 card. There were no issues with that; however, he was not available in Collector’s Reserves. Read our article about it here. With the OTA update, the issue is resolved.
Second Dinner will send 3000 Tokens to players that would have opened Spider-Ham in Collector’s Reserves while the issue was active (we aren’t sure how that is determined for players not Series 4 complete).
Snap Judgments: I don’t even know what to say anymore. Every week there’s another technical issue, and nearly every week it’s related to the most exciting event of the week. This has to stop.
Weekend Missions to Resume
- 1000 Tokens for anyone that purchased Silk during her spotlight week.
- 150 Gold for anyone who purchased the Season Pass during Week 1 or Week 2.
- 200 Credits for all players.
A TON of Upcoming Bundles and Cards are Datamined!
Snap Judgments: Cards I’d like to highlight are Jean Grey releasing into Series 5 July 11, Lady Deathstrike releasing August 15, and X-23 releasing August 22. Unsurprisingly, the cash bundles going forward are seemingly the best deals except for the amazing-looking Cosmic Wildfire bundle, which comes with 6000 Collector’s Tokens (among other goodies) for 7500 gold and releases on July 13th!
I Don’t Like Sandman Bundle Released
Snap Judgments: This and the deal I mentioned in the previous section are by far the best deals for progression that we know of. I strongly urge people to buy this one to show Second Dinner exactly what we want from bundles!
Festival of Flight Bundle Releases
Snap Judgments: I want to compare this to the 3x Value (lol) Darkhawk bundle last week. That was $30 vs. the $5 for this bundle. Both come with a Variant and Avatar. Where Darkhawk came with 1000 credits, this is only 500, but it has the bonus of 500 gold instead, which has more value. It’s half the boosters, which is largely irrelevant. That *ahem* 6x cost disparity seems to confirm Second Dinner was just trying to sell us a Series 4 card instead of downgrading it… and once more, shame on them for the ploy.
Fiona Hsieh Artist Showcase Bundle Released
Snap Judgments: If you like the art and ever buy gold, then this is a great deal. $20 is only 1450 gold in the shop, so why not make a profit and get some variants, too?
Marvel Snap Zone and Community News
New Snap Judgments with Molt, Bootman, and Bradcifer!
We have a Conquest Tier List and Meta Stats!
- Check it out from the legendary Den!
- While you’re at it, here’s Den’s regular Tier List.
- Conquest Meta data and stats now also available from the Marvel Snap Tracker!
We have the best Series 1 and Series 2 decks!
Want the most Medals in Conquest?
- The Masterpiece Kirallas comes through with this unbelievable guide!
Weekly Developer Updates are here!
- The one and only Canadian Alfredo is back with a huge list of answers.
Check back tomorrow for my Sleeper Decks of the Week, and if you found value, check out my YouTube and subscribe! See you all soon!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!