Table of Contents
Hello everyone, and welcome to Deck of the Day! I’m Glazer of Snap Judgments: The Official Marvel Snap Zone Podcast, and every weekday I’m going to be highlighting a different deck for you to try out!
SafetyBlade is a Genius, ya’ll. Move and Destroy are the meta now. The power this one puts out is absurd.
If you bought Season Pass cards, you can make this deck. Everything is Series 3 or lower but Phoenix Force and Ghost-Spider, and, honestly, you can survive without Ghost-Spider if you absolutely had to.
Introduction + Disclaimers
This deck is Tier 1. I’d bet the farm on it.
Sometimes the decks featured in this article will be Tier 1, the most competitive decks in the metagame. Sometimes they will be fun tier. Often, they will feature Series 4 and 5 cards (which is hopefully less of an issue with the card acquisition change), but sometimes they will be Series 3 or even lower.
Additionally, these decks can come from anywhere – they could be homebrews, a really cool idea from your favorite content creator, a tried and true meta deck, and sometimes, well, we won’t really know where the deck came from. We endeavor, however, to credit original deck creators whenever possible, so if we miss one, please do let us know! Want to submit a deck for consideration? Email me [email protected].
The Phoenix Force was released as this month’s Season Pass Card, and it was basically immediately a Tier 2-ish Ladder deck – something people hit Infinite with using fun packages where she was a helpful card.
Then, yesterday, there was an Over the Air Update to the game. Phoenix went from 5-6 to 4-5… and the meta was blown open.
How to Play
Here are the play lines:
- Turn 1: Torch. You can conceivably play Iron Fist, too, if you know you’re going to Torch or Multiple Man on 2.
- Turn 2: If you have a Torch out, feel free to eat it with Carnage. If you have Multiple Man, play him.
- Turn 3:Venom or Carnage whatever Move card. If you have Phoenix Force in hand, Carnage then Iron Fist is a great way to set up your first move.
- Turn 4: You should know what your opponent has by now. If it’s a deck running Shang Chi, just getting down Phoenix makes a lot of sense to duck under the 9-power threshold. In most other situations, Shuri is a better call. If you missed a destroy card you now have, this is your last chance to play it.
- Turn 5: If you have a Phoenix, don’t forget to move it. Often this is Ghost-Spider for two Phoenix moves this turn and a Shuri. If you played Shuri, it’s then Phoenix and Ghost-Spider. If you’ve been moving around a Human Torch, play Taskmaster.
- Turn 6: Move Phoenix again. If you played Shuri last, drop Red Skull or America Chavez. If you’ve been moving around a Human Torch, you should have priority – play Armor on it and drop whatever else you can.
You really want Ghost-Spider here. She’s crazy strong. If you aren’t running her, there’s an argument for Hulkbuster or Dagger. Dagger is another move target and Hulkbuster is a pump to whatever you eat that works well with movement cards.
Conclusion + Video
I think this is the best deck in the game.
If you’d like a video discussion of this deck, check my page out. The video for this one is right here:
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!