Table of Contents
It’s that time again – every four weeks, Marvel Snap undergoes its major patch. The next upcoming update is expected on August 8, 2023, coinciding with the start of the new season that just started, Big in Japan! Everything you need to know about what this month entails can be found in our Season Hub:
In this Patch Preparation Guide however, we will breakdown step by step what’s happening and when, collecting all the information out there and help you decide what to do before the patch drops. We will cover the following topics:
- Patch Release Date and Time
- Development Roadmap
- “Coming Soon” Features
- Card Balance Updates
Patch Release Date and Time
The last patch was scheduled for July 11, but was postponed for a day later on July 12. Despite that, if everything goes to plan, the timing of the patch should be around 8 AM Pacific Time on August 8.
Be on the lookout for the patch notes here as they are generally released at the same time as the update, and come back after the countdown has dropped to 0 to see if there has been any updates regarding the patch time!
The Development Roadmap has been updated, and our immediate interest are the topics in the Comin Soon section. Some were noted as coming in this patch, some had more vague dates.
According to Second Dinner, these items are in final phase of development, and are almost ready to release to players:
- PC Launch
- Twitch Drops
- Seasonal Audio
- Card Upgrade Improvements
- Conquest Polish
- Infinity Rank Revamp
- Global Matchmaking – Phase 1
Let’s have a look at some of them below!
The PC client launch will be huge! Finally players can access the in-game news, inbox, and events, as well as hopefully some cool user interface improvements. Who knows, it will make our Marvel Snap Tracker much better too?
We love playing MARVEL SNAP on our phones, but sometimes nothing beats a comfy gaming session on your PC. The team has been working hard towards getting MARVEL SNAP ready for the big screen… well, the WIDESCREEN! We’ve combed through the game and rebuilt the experience for the widescreen experience – everything from main menu, collection manager, gameplay, and more!
With the official launch of MARVEL SNAP on PC, we’re also ensuring feature parity across platforms for things like in-game rewards, inbox, and news. No more needing to login on mobile to collect rewards–collect them on your platform of choice. More details coming very soon – stay tuned!!
This update should already be in place with the Big in Japan Season.
We love our in-game menu music, but we’ve been hoping for some more variety in our lives. Coming with our next season, we’ll be changing our in-game menu music to match the vibe of each new season – get ready for MARVEL SNAP with a new flair. 🎵 🎧
Card Upgrade Improvements
Upgrading with Gold is a bit of a slippery slope, but like the Fast Upgrade section of the shop, can be mostly disregarded by players. This feature is obviously targeting the spenders (after all, Gold has many uses in game), and what was previously hard capped by the Credit purchase limit, now the number of Infinity Splits could be more prominent.
You’ve heard it before, “Upgrade cards to get more cards”… and with all that upgrading, we thought it was time to improve this experience a bit! We’re releasing two new features in our next patch to support this: Multi-Upgrade & Upgrade with Gold.
- Multi-Upgrade: You’ve been waiting for the perfect variant for Shang-Chi, forever. You have all the boosters and credits. You finally get it… and now, with Multi-Upgrade, select the Quality you’d like to target and tap the upgrade button once to directly skip to that Quality level! Save your thumbs and save some time!
- Upgrade with Gold: We have all been there. You’ve got an Ultra Quality card and 48 Boosters – so close to that Infinity Split, but those last couple Boosters won’t drop. Upgrade with Gold lets you finish out a card upgrade even if you don’t have all the required Boosters or Credits by splitting the gap with the Gold value.
Conquest players should be happy to hear that you can mute players for the rest of the match and no longer seeing the redundant defeat screen.
It’s been great to see the excitement about Conquest since release and we’ve appreciated the feedback on a few updates we could make to improve the mode! In an upcoming patch, we’ll be doing a polish pass to clean up some rough edges. You can expect some of the following changes:
- Improved Loss Flow (we know you don’t need to see it twice!)
- Speeding up / Tap-to-Skip Animations
- Updated Mute Behavior (now, stay quiet!)
- UI/UX Improvements
Card Balance Updates
In our latest Meta Tier List, we’ve concluded that the metagame is quite diverse as the ongoing OTA updates managed to pay off. With the new season focusing on the Destroy archetypes, it will be interesting to see where we land in terms of balance! In the meantime, check out our latest breakdown ahead of the patch:
We hope you enjoyed this breakdown and preview of the upcoming patch! Overall, we don’t expect anything too groundbreaking in this particular update, but as usual, we could also be in for some surprises with the datamining! Be on the lookout for new cards, bundles, variants, potentially the October 2023 Season, and more, as soon as the patch drops.
We’ll see you again very soon! In the meantime, check back later for news regarding the patch!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!