Table of Contents
The Weekend Challenge Missions were introduced with the patch on June 13, 2023, as a way of being a small rebate on purchasing new Marvel Snap cards. We even started doing guides for the cards involved in them, proposing how the cards were performing and what decks would be ideal for completing these Missions. Since then, they have been a bit of a talking point, and this weekend their duration has been reduced from 72 hours to 48 without notice. We will take the time here to talk about the system!
A Rough Introduction
The first set of Weekend Challenges were meant to be going live with Silk. Marvel Snap has had problems with introducing new features to the game thus far, and this was no exception. The Missions did not go live as planned, and instead players just got compensation for the intended rewards instead:
- 1000 Collector’s Tokens to everyone who purchased Silk during her spotlight week
- 150 Gold to Ghost-Spider Season Pass owners
- 200 Credits to all players
Too Much Work, Too Little Reward?
What started off as a big enough reward to incentivize players, with the new Spotlight Cache system the rewards for Weekend Challenges were reduced over time. Let’s take a quick look below.
|Win Matches||1,500 Season Pass XP|
|Win with Ghost-Spider starting in your Deck||150 Gold|
|Win with Silk starting in your Deck||1,000 Collector’s Tokens|
|Win with Spider-Ham starting in your Deck||300 Collector’s Tokens|
|Win with Spider-Man 2099 starting in your Deck||300 Collector’s Tokens|
Rise of the Phoenix
|Win Matches||200 Credits|
|Win with Patriot starting in your Deck||150 Gold|
|Win with The Phoenix Force starting in your Deck||100 Collector’s Tokens|
|Win with Jean Grey starting in your Deck||300 Collector’s Tokens|
|Win with Echo starting in your Deck||300 Collector’s Tokens|
|Win with Legion starting in your Deck||500 Collector’s Tokens|
|Win with Mirage starting in your Deck||100 Collector’s Tokens|
Big in Japan
|Win Matches||200 Credits|
|Win with Nimrod starting in your Deck||150 Gold|
|Win with Daken starting in your Deck||100 Collector’s Tokens|
While Second Dinner did indeed communicate that these Missions were not meant to be a big reward at all and would depend on the card and number of matches, the rewards may not seem proportional to the effort required to many players.
A Forced Meta
Another issue, similar to Featured and Hot Locations but this time more narrowed down depending on the card featured, players will be shoehorned to playing similar decks with each other. Nimrod was indeed one of those cards that have its specific deck and players could choose to counter it or play its best deck.
Due to Marvel Snap’s inherent game design of 12 cards per deck, it will be interesting to see if there are any specific solutions for this kind of reward system.
With the Daken and Nimrod Weekend Challenges, the duration was reduced from 72 to 48 hours. That is, starting from Saturday 3 AM GMT to Monday 3 AM GMT. While technically this is true in terms of the definition of a weekend, Second Dinner operates on United States time (such as patch and OTA updates). This means that originally it covered the basis for all time zones from Friday all the way to Monday.
Until we wait for further communication from Second Dinner, we cannot confirm that this is intended or confirmed for next week.
What do you think about this system? While technically the rewards are free, it might still leave a bitter taste. Let us know in the comments below!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!