Marvel Snap’s latest update is now live, including nerfs and buffs to 11 cards, Nexus Events, some bug fixes, and updates to the economy such as changes to the collection system above level 500, card emojis, and more.
Overall, the economy has tightened up again for existing players, with cards in Pool 3 no longer guaranteed (replaced with Caches), Weekly Missions seem harder to complete, and with nerfs to the strongest deck for players still early in the game via card rebalancing and giving earlier access to Killmonger and Sandman. Check out the full details below:
Table of Contents
- We’ve introduced a new feature, Nexus Events! These are limited-time events that offer new cards, variants, avatars and more! Nexus Events are available in the Shop and can be purchased with Gold. (Read the event detail blog for more information!)
- Weekly Mission system has been completely overhauled allowing players much more flexibility on when & how they’d like to earn rewards.
- Update to the Collection Level Road (CLR)! We’re changing Card and Mystery Rewards in the CLR at Collection Level 500+ to Collector’s Caches and Collector’s Reserve Caches. This will cause players to get significantly more credits, gold, and variants, as well as doubling the pace of card rewards for players above 1500 Collection Level. (Read the deep-dive blog for more information!)
We’re continuing to test, iterate and improve – please keep sharing your thoughts and feedback!
NEW FEATURE: NEXUS EVENTS
- Nexus Events are limited-time events that offer new cards, variants, avatars and more! They are available in the Shop and can be purchased with Gold. (Read the event detail blog for more information!)
- Collector’s Caches: We’re changing Card and Mystery Rewards in the Collection Level Road at Collection Level 500+ to Collector’s Caches and Collector’s Reserve Caches. This will cause players to get significantly more credits, gold, and variants, as well as doubling the pace of card rewards for players above 1500 Collection Level.
- Card Emojis! You can now leave emoji responses on cards after they’ve been played!
- Card Upgrade visuals and sound effects have been updated. Check it out next time you upgrade any of your cards!
- Season Cache: Season Rewards for level 51 and beyond have been updated to the Season Cache, which can contain credits, boosters, or sometimes even gold and variants!
- Since we are adding so many other ways to purchase Credits in this patch, Credit purchases in the Shop are now limited to one purchase per day for each tier.
- Added Tier Title to your rank in the Ranked Rewards menu to make it easier to understand your current rank.
- Added “Report a Bug” feature to the Settings menu that allows players to directly report bugs in-game!
- Weekly Rewards have been split into more pieces and we’ve changed the system to allow for more flexibility – as long as you complete 35 Daily Missions in a week, you can claim all the Weekly Rewards!
- Fancy new UI to make it easier to claim Daily and Season Missions with less taps.
- To add even more flexibility to complete the Weekly Mission, you can now use gold to buy an extra Mission Refresh, up to 3x a day.
- Added handy notifications that you’ve made progress towards Missions on the main screen after a match.
- We’ve made an update to Mission Rules. You no longer make mission progress if you retreat on turn 1, 2, or 3, unless your opponent snapped.
ART & VISUAL EFFECTS UPDATES
- Updated card visual effects for Blue Marvel and Doctor Strange.
- Updated location visual effects for Atlantis and Nidavellir.
- New card sound effects for Forge, Morph, Nova, Okoye, Strong Guy, and Scarlet Witch.
- New location sound effects for Atlantis, Danger Room, and Nidavellir.
- New sound effects added for Collection Level Road.
America Chavez – [6/10] -> [6/9]
Developer Comment: America Chavez sees a very high amount of play in various deck archetypes right now. We are nerfing her Power down to make other options more enticing.
Crossbones – [4/8] You can only play this at locations where you are winning.
Developer Comment: This is mostly a wording change. It only really affects Crossbones’s interaction with Bar With No Name. We think this new text will make the card clearer and easier to understand quickly.
Ebony Maw – [1/6] -> [1/7]
Developer Comment: We are giving Ebony Maw a bit more Power to make playing around his heavy limitations more rewarding.
Ghost Rider – [3/3] -> [4/3]
Developer Comment: Ghost Rider will often be an outlier in Power due to the amount of Power he can ‘cheat’ out. We are nerfing his Cost to make his resurrection come at a higher price.
Ka-Zar – [4/5] -> [4/4]
Developer Comment: Ka-Zar tends to give a bit too much Power right now, so we are taking his base Power down a notch.
Okoye – [1/1] -> [2/2]
Developer Comment: Okoye as a 1-Cost proved to be too powerful as an opener, so we are nerfing her to a 2-Cost and giving her a little extra Power.
Scarlet Witch – [1/2] -> [2/3]
Developer Comment: Scarlet Witch is a bit too good at working around location selections right now. We are making her Power a bit more costly to preserve the stability of our locations from her reality warping.
Scorpion – [3/3] -> [2/2]
Developer Comment: Scorpion is a rather weak card right now. With this change, players should have much more freedom in how they utilize him.
Strong Guy – [2/3] -> [4/4]
Developer Comment: Strong Guy was a very clear outlier in his power as a 2-Cost card. We also want him to be more of a build-around card to provide an “empty hand” avenue in the discard archetype, so we are increasing his Cost and giving him a small Power boost to compensate.
Jubilee (OLD: On Reveal: Play the top card of your deck to this location.) NEW – On Reveal: Play a card from your deck to this location.
Developer Comment: Jubilee’s previous functionality had some unintended interactions with America Chavez, causing her to frequently pull Chavez, creating a near-guarantee “4 energy for 11 Power” play, which was not desired nor intended.
Developer Comment: Hulkbuster affecting Cost turned out to be largely unexpected by players. After further consideration, we believe this update will create more interesting and exciting gameplay and deck building experiences for players.
Developer Comment: We like to make sure players have tools to counter major strategies before they get too deep in the Collection Level Road. We hope that moving these cards earlier in the collection level road will give players more options to deal with low-cost go-wide decks in the earlier stages of collection. If you’re already deep in the road and haven’t found these cards, your next 2 cards will be Killmonger and Sandman.
- Attempting to fix an issue with getting stuck on Waiting for turn if no cards are played.
- Navigation Bar notification for upgradeable cards in the Collection does not show unless you also have enough Credits to upgrade the card.
- Lots of card art fixes!
- Lots of fixes for the Collection Level Road!
- Fixed several card and location VFX that played to the incorrect place on the screen.
- Filtering to cards while editing your deck no longer causes the cards to be grayed out.
- Improved the Power update calculation speed of several cards (eg: Devil Dinosaur).
- Turned down the brightness on the Booster icon.
- Morph should now display properly after turning into another card.
- Fixed several location VFX that don’t move if the locations are shuffled.
- Miniaturized Lab now displays properly on Android.
- Lemuria should now use the correct art.
- Fixed America Chavez/Domino with Weirdworld not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where location power would not update correctly after resolving Green Goblin or Hobgoblin in a location with Professor X.
- Renamed UltraLegendary rarity to Ultra.
- Adjusted spacing between decks in card Collections.
- Fixed an interaction between The Collector and Sabretooth that would cause a crash.
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, remove all advertisements, an exclusive badge, and more!