Friend Or Foe are two bundles available exclusively at the Nuverse shop. Just like last time, you can only choose one bundle to purchase out of two, so do it wisely. You can go to the Nuverse shop via a direct link and read more about this way of buying bundles, Season Passes and Gold:
Remember, it also counts 1000 points towards the Milestone Anniversavings event currently happening!
Friend or Foe Web Shop Exclusive Bundles Details
|Start Date||November 2, 2023 @ 12 AM GMT|
|End Date||November 8, 2023 @ 12 AM GMT|
Just like last time, you can only choose one bundle to purchase out of two! So let’s find out if it worth it to buy one of them.
The Wolverine bundle contains a Wolverine variant for 700 gold, but offers 2,100 Credits. So it could potentially be of interest to those who want more collection progress and are less appreciative of showing off an expensive and cool variant. The Wolverine bundle has a progress value of 2.2, a cosmetic value of 1.5, and a value of 0.19 Series 5 cards per $10, or in other words, it contains 0.11 more Series 5 cards than buying Token Tuesdays for USD.
This is a very solid value for a bundle at this price, which puts it in the range of bundles that can be seriously considered for purchase, but are not a must buy. You could say it’s two Festival of Unity bundles in one, with a slightly lower cosmetic value.
The Carnage bundle, on the contrary, offers more cosmetics and less progress and is aimed at those who value visuals more than progress and are willing to overpay for the fact that the Carnage variant costs 1,200 Gold in the in-game shop rather than standard 700 Gold. This bundle has a progress value of 1.9, a cosmetic value of 2.2, and a value of 0.15 Series 5 cards per $10, or in other words, it contains 0.06 more Series 5 cards than buying Token Tuesdays for USD.
This all makes the Carnage bundle not as attractive overall, but the reduction in the number of credits is done more or less fairly and in proportion to the high cost of the Carnage variant.
Both of these cards are most commonly found in the Destroy archetype, which is of the strongest decks in the current meta. Also, Wolverine is often found in discard decks, and Carnage is often found in junk decks. So if you’re a fan of the destroy archetype, both of these options are good for you.
But for many players, the value of the Wolverine variant will probably be less, since not so long ago the a Wolverine variant was available as a conquest reward and also it wasn’t that long ago that a Wolverine variant was part of a season pass.
When looking at value, the Wolverine bundle is pretty good and worth its $10 in most cases, but at the same time the Carnage bundle offers a lot of value that is concentrated in the Carnage variant. So in the end it’s a very personal and difficult choice.
Nevertheless, if you average these bundles without thinking about personal preferences, each of them is just good enough to recommend. This is especially true considering that both are available for purchase for gold in the in-game store, so you don’t lose them forever.
That’s why you should consider them as a temporary option to get more currency more favorably, but not as bundle with an exclusive cosmetics which you’ll never see again and you have to make a decision here and now. And while the progress value here is good in both cases, comparable to the upcoming Half a World Away bundle. However, here we don’t get gold, but credits and we don’t have bundle-exclusive cosmetics.
So we end up rating these two bundles at 3.5 Stars out of 5, with a slight bias towards 4 stars.
As usual, keep in mind the following points before purchasing bundles:
- Date: Bundle start and end dates are at the daily reset time, which is 3 AM GMT.
- Bundles are grouped according to the season.
- Cost: Cost for $ is in US Dollars and will be converted to your local currency in-game.
- You may be able to purchase cash items cheaper using the official publisher Nuverse web shop with a different currency.
- Credits: The maximum Credit storage limit is 10,000. With a bundle purchase, you may go over the limit but not be able to collect anymore from other sources.
- Collector’s Tokens: Players need to be at least Collection Level 500 before being able to see bundles that offer Collector’s Tokens offered in the Shop.
- Mystery Variant: Is chosen randomly from a Base Card you already own, from the released 700 Gold Rare variant pool.
- Variants: You can use any new bundle-specific variants acquired even if you don’t yet own the Base Card.
- Bundle-specific variants are exclusive and are likely will not be offered through other sources, unless it is from a Season Pass from the Beta.
- Value: Compare Bundle values using our comparison chart guide.
Will you be purchasing this Marvel Snap Bundle? Let us know what you think in the comments below!