Table of Contents
Hello everyone, and welcome to Deck of the Day! I’m Glazer of Snap Judgments: The Official Marvel Snap Zone Podcast, and every weekday I’m going to be highlighting a different deck for you to try out!
Today’s deck is by my friend Fazzer. He’s got a consistent 70-80% win rate with this meta deck and in immediate testing, after the very light nerfs to High Evolutionary, this is still a tier 1 deck. The changes to Evolutionary will, though, have many more people playing bounce, and this deck remains a way to punish that match-up!
On Fazzer’s Twitch at 12:30 pm EST today, I’ll be playing him his own Battle Mode gameshow called Snap Showdown. So far, Fazzer has had the number of the WSF Champion Super Tech God and the best player in Snap Lamby. Can he beat me too? If you can’t make it, check his YouTube – the games will be up there soon as well.
Fair warning, for the best version of this, there are a lot of higher Series cards needed.
Intro + Disclaimers + Giveaway
I think this deck is Tier 1 and very well positioned in the current metagame.
Sometimes these decks will be Tier 1, the most competitive decks in the metagame. Sometimes they will be fun tier. Often, they will feature Series 4 and 5 cards (which is hopefully less of an issue with the Card Acquisition change), but sometimes they will be Series 3 or even lower.
Additionally, these decks can come from anywhere – they could be homebrews, a really cool idea from your favorite content creator, a tried and true meta deck, and sometimes, well, we won’t really know where the deck came from. We endeavor, however, to credit original deck creators whenever possible, so if we miss one, please do let us know! Want to submit a deck for consideration? Email me [email protected].
We talked about this a couple of weeks ago. Here it is reproduced below.
Lockdown decks started to become a part of the Meta with the release of Nebula. Guardians control decks went from a pure meme to something that could get Infinite in the hands of players like Dera – in fact, here’s a video of Dera’s Infinite Lockdown deck:
Later on that month, High Evolutionary was released, and Lockdown became a High Evolutionary deck rather than a cool Guardians one. You should be familiar with that deck, as it’s still a major part of the meta, but if you aren’t, aware, here’s the deck:
This deck entirely killed the previous version, as it disappeared from the meta, being considered inferior.
Alright, we’re caught up to where this becomes a Tier 1 deck, one of the best in the meta. Eventually, the deck was pushed out a bit by the Lockjaw version, which just went too big, but Bounce came back and this deck is a great Bounce counter… in fact, many would argue the more bounce there is the stronger this deck is.
How to Play
This version deck removes all of the 1-cost cards found in the standard versions of High Evolutionary – Sunspot, Nebula, and Misty Knight all had homes in previous versions of this. But remember how Bounce is everywhere in the meta now? Well, that means so is Killmonger, and rather than working really hard to play around that, this just replaces those 1-cost cards.
The first major replacement is Spider-Ham. Some people don’t love this card still, but whether it’s Hela, Knull, Hulk, Sera, Iron Man, or another card, the Pig wins games. The other cards finding their way into the deck are Wave and Jeff the Baby Landshark. Jeff in this deck is often free wins – a locked-off lane often needs 3-power. An unplayable lane is often won by Jeff.
Wave is more complicated. It’s often been said that Wave cannot answer bounce and that’s true to an extent. On turn 5, Bounce can just go off, leaving Wave useless on the last turn. This deck mitigates that with Daredevil. If they are going off, you can play Spider-Man to lock down a lane and win the last turn. If not, Wave and stop the flow of their cards on the last turn. It’s great!
Here are the play lines:
- Turn 1: Spider-Ham is the only card in the deck that can be played here. Play it. The information is great and the ability is plenty likely to be useful.
- Turn 2: Daredevil is so key here. The decision on Turn 5 to play Wave or Spider-Man is an awful lot of the deck. You’re fine with Jeff or Ham here, but nowhere near Daredevil.
- Turn 3: You really want to Storm here. A show called Heroes once said, “Save the Cheerleader save the world.” Well, for this it’s win the Storm lane, win the game. If you don’t Storm, I’d usually rather play Daredevil and Spider-Ham or Spider-Ham and Jeff than Cyclops, but if nothing else is there, Cyclops works.
- Turn 4: Cyclops on the Storm lane is the goal. If not, The Thing will do. Here or next turn is Wasp.
- Turn 5: Spider-Man or Wave. If you have Cyclops out, it’s just Wave. If not, pair Wave with whichever 2 you want. Wave alone this turn is also an extra 4-power on Hulk. One of these two cards usually guarantees you the game.
- Turn 6: This is relatively simple. Either Hulk wins a lane outright (ideally with another already taken by Storm or Spider-Man) or Doctor Doom wins by going wide when you’re already ahead.
For those of you who are not Series 3 complete, Spider-Man can be Professor X, but then you really need Jeff again. I think Daredevil is truly a must-have, but Wave could be the aforementioned Cosmo for a different, but still effective deck.
Obviously, for a High Evolutionary deck, you should be running the card.
Conclusion and Video
Lockdown is a really great deck to play into opposing Kitty Pryde Bounce decks, and if those are giving you trouble, I urge you to check this one out!
If you’d like a video discussion of this deck, check my page out. Here’s a video of this deck being discussed:
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!