Don’t Touch the Ocean! is a Bundle as part of the Rise of the Phoenix Season in Marvel Snap, available starting from July 7, 2023. Find out all the details you need to know, and plan ahead. You can also view all upcoming July 2023 (Rise of the Phoenix) Bundles information in our guide below:
Don’t Touch the Ocean! Bundle Details
Judging solely by the numbers, the Don’t Touch the Ocean! bundle rivals the best bundle of the month, the Cosmic Wildfire bundle. It has 1.06 Tokens per Gold (in equivalent) or 75 Tokens per Dollar. This bundle also has a Card Difference Value of 0.35, and both Progress Value and Cosmetic Value are quite high at 2.1 and 2.0 respectively. In the end, this is the only July bundle that has all the green values in our chart!
And that’s not a surprise, because with the new card acquisition system you will receive much less Gold and Collector’s Tokens. That’s why bundles containing Gold as a very rare and versatile currency have become significantly more valuable. Also, this bundle contains the most Gold of all the bundles in July, which means you may want to buy this bundle to stock up on Gold before the Cosmic Wildfire bundle, the best bundle of the season, comes out.
The variant for a bad card doesn’t even spoil this bundle much, since even in terms of the Progress Value it’s noticeably ahead of the other bundles. So the cosmetic component becomes less important against this background, but let’s break down the usefulness of the variant itself anyway.
Unfortunately, Namor isn’t a card you want to use competitively at all. It’s one of the most rarely played cards, and used only in early Series 2 decks when a player doesn’t have enough cards for more powerful strategies than Zoo and Ongoing.
There’s a chance that after this bundle is released, Second Dinner will decide to buff Namor and give the variant a second life, but so far there are no obvious hints for that. Nevertheless, below is one of these decks, designed to be played at lower Collection Levels.
Thus, we have a bundle with a not very good variant for the average player, but with a high value. Especially the 1000 gold contained in the bundle will be useful with the new card acquisition system, where the amount of Gold received by a player is significantly lower.
That being said, we rate the Don’t Touch the Ocean bundle a 4.5 of 5 and assume it could be a good option to get more Gold before the the expensive Cosmic Wildfire bundle is released.
As usual, keep in mind the following points before purchasing Bundles:
- Date: Bundle start and end dates are at the daily reset time, which is 3 AM GMT.
- Bundles are grouped according to the season.
- Cost: Cost for $ is in US Dollars and will be converted to your local currency in-game.
- You may be able to purchase cash items cheaper using the official publisher Nuverse web shop with a different currency.
- Credits: The maximum Credit storage limit is 10,000. With a bundle purchase, you may go over the limit but not be able to collect anymore from other sources.
- Collector’s Tokens: Players need to be at least Collection Level 500 before being able to see bundles that offer Collector’s Tokens offered in the Shop.
- Mystery Variant: Is chosen randomly from a Base Card you already own, from the released 700 Gold Rare variant pool.
- Variants: You can use any new bundle-specific variants acquired even if you don’t yet own the Base Card.
- Bundle-specific variants are exclusive and are likely will not be offered through other sources, unless it is from a Season Pass from the Beta.
- Value: Compare Bundle values using our comparison chart guide.
You can also view all upcoming Marvel Snap Bundle information in our guide below:
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!