DoomWave Midrange Is The Best Series 3 Only Deck Nobody Is Playing!
Howdy folks, friendly neighbourhood HowlingMines back again with a frequently requested video!
Many folks reach out to ask me “I’m Series 3 complete, but I have no Series 4 and 5 cards – what can I climb with that isn’t Lock-Thor or Deathwave?” – I don;t normally have a great answer, so I spent a little time working on a list this week to find one. The deck I found is a revitalization of the “Good Cards” style decks, looking to provide the perfect framework for one of my favourite cards to attack the ladder right now – Doctor Doom!
What do you think? Does Doctor Doom offer a safe haven to those Series 3 players looking to complete the climb last minute?
If you’d like to discuss any of this further, provide something I missed, or just let me know what you think about it all – Please feel free to contact us on Twitter @MarvelSnapZone or over in our dedicated community Discord server! Alternatively, you can drop me a line personally over on Twitter at @HowlingMines if you’d like a chat with just me.
Until next time.
I’ve been HowlingMines, You’ve Been Amazing.
See you out there in the multiverse!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon to take advantage of the new Battle Mode!
This is a solid deck that hits all the buttons:
Disrupts a bad location with Storm.
Reaches unplayable locations with Dr. Doom.
Disrupts opponents with Wave into Odin and also Iceman.
All the cards have their uses but I agree that Polaris is the least useful. As a matter of personal preference, replacing with Absorbing Man to keep the Wave-Odin going longer or for 2 more Doombots would be my choice for a series 3 card or to use America Chavez to reduce the amount of Series 3 cards from 5 to 4 making it a little easier to aspire to for a first competitive deck.
Would love to know your thoughts on this one. Also has 5 Series 3 cards.
I’d be curious what I could replace Aero with.
Still missing aero at 2300 collection level.
Do you have Wong?