Storm And Crossbones – A Deck By RatoVeneno
Welcome to Community Deck Feature! – A series here at Marvel Snap Zone where, as often as I can, I’m going to dip my toes over into the Deck Database section, pull out something that I think is cool or will be useful to newer players, and showcase it in text and video for the entire Snap community to see!
If you’d like a chance to have your deck featured on Community Deck Feature, upload your decklists over in our Deck Builder or share your creations in the Marvel Snap Zone Discord!
Today’s decklist comes from our Deck Builder, uploaded by user RatoVeneno – clearly, they’ve cracked Pool Three outcast Crossbones very early in their Pool Three journey, but want to make use of it! Performing a similar job to Jessica Jones, Crossbones is here to allow Storm and friends to lock up one location, while Sunspot and The Infinaunt take cake of another!
I’ve actually thought Crossbones was a little under respected in general for quite some time – after all, eight power on a four-cost card is an incredible rate – and it definitely played a pivotal part in the deck going 3-0 on video today!
The play patterns here are very simple – Storm + any of Crossbones, Jessica Jones or Star-Lord will often make sure you win the flooded location, and then skipping turn five will often make sure you win a second with The Infinaunt, especially if paired with Sunspot. The rest of the deck is a carefully selected bunch of anti-meta tech cards, something a deck rarely has so much space for so many of – but this list from RatoVeneno is packing everything from Armor, to Shang-Chi and Cosmo – meaning whatever lock piece you need, you have a chance to find.
I wanted to highlight how well this deck translates both backward and forward too. The deck only contains one pool three card in Crossbones, and while I think you will definitely lose power if you’re missing it, there is a selection of other reasonably powered 4 cost cards that can lock up a location too – heck, maybe you could even fit in Enchantress instead! If you’re in Pool Three, you could look to explore other well-known location denial cards such as Juggernaut and Doctor Doom over some of the hate cards, and arguably under powered payoffs like Star-Lord.
What do you think? Leave your suggestions in the comments below, on YouTube, or tag us on Twitter @MarvelSnapZone!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon to take advantage of the new Battle Mode!
I know the deck it is called Crossbones for a reason a maybe it is a little weird asking but any replacement for Crossbones? I am CL 1000+ and I still missing Crossbones…
Hey. I’m not the author but I’d go with Drax if you have it (or any other strong cost 4 card with power 6+ such as white queen. Warpath if you are going for only 2 locations)
Thanks dude, I tried with Warpath and works well 🙂
Was a good suggestion! I’m glad you’re enjoying it!
I just tried this deck out and it is very well put together. There is definitely some on-the-go thinking involved, but when you get the hang of it the synergy is incredible. Well done!
Glad you’re enjoying it!