Marvel Snap Series Drop March 2023
Marvel Snap has announced the Series Drop for March 2023, which will happen in the next patch. The exact date is not currently yet known, but it could come with the start of the Steampunk Variant Rush event on March 21, 2023, along with balance changes, Collector’s Token acquisition, and Token Shop experience.
Balance changes will be in our next client update which will come out next week if all goes well with certification and deployment. In that client update there are also improvements to token acquisition and the token shop experience.Stephen – Marvel Snap Official Discord
As many predicted, the cadence of the cards that are downgrading is in chronological order of their release date. There are no back to back Series Drops, so cards that dropped last month may have to wait another month before dropping down further.
Table of Contents
Series 5 to 4
The powerful Season Pass card Zabu makes its Series 4 introduction, which despite its nerf still sees some play in decks such as Zabu Sera Control. Sauron is also seeing some play, and the other cards, Shadow King, Shanna, and Dazzler, has seen very limited play thus far due to their rarity, so we hope to see them being experimented with more as more players get access to them.
Remember, players will eventually get the First Edition Badge (not yet implemented in game) to these cards if you obtain them before they drop in Series.
Series 4 to 3
With these, the first batch of Series 4 cards introduced to Marvel Snap, have now all made their way down to Series 3. Arguably these are the weakest ones, though Attuma and especially M'Baku are getting popular, and Orka leaving a lot to be desired compared to its Series 1 counterpart Namor.
As we wait for the patch and Series Drop in the meantime, you can prepare for the drop by checking out our Series Drop and Token Shop guide!
What do you think? Will you be pinning any of the cards right away? Let us know in the comments below!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon to take advantage of the new Battle Mode!
It will be nice to pick up Shanna for 3000 tokens, as I wanted to try her out before, but felt she wasn’t worth it at 6000 tokens.
Of course before the drop I get Orka in a Collector’s Reserve…
Luckily I skipped all these before series 4 drop. Would love Dazzler though I already got Shanna from reserves. Shanna really screws up with random Redhood, Titania. If only Shanna added like two power 1 cost cards consistently it would be so much better.
best guess on timing?
It’s in the first paragraph of the article
Series drop is so slow. A card needs 4 months after release to become a series 3.