Table of Contents
It’s that time again – every four weeks, Marvel Snap (usually) undergoes its major patch. The next upcoming update is expected on September 5, 2023, coinciding with the start of the new season that just started, Loki for All Time! Everything you need to know about what this month entails can be found in our Season Hub:
In this Patch Preparation Guide however, we will breakdown step by step what’s happening and when, collecting all the information out there and help you decide what to do before the patch drops. We will cover the following topics:
- Patch Release Date and Time
- Development Roadmap
- Infinite Rank Leaderboard
- Collectible Emotes & Card Emojis
- Token Variants
- Card Balance Updates
Patch Release Date and Time
If everything goes to plan, the timing of the patch should be around 8 AM Pacific Time on September 5, 2023. If not, we will update this page as we find out more. Please note, the countdown currently bugged for logged out users. Please sign up or log in for the accurate timer!
Be on the lookout for the patch notes here as they are generally released at the same time as the update, and come back after the countdown has dropped to 0 to see if there has been any updates regarding the patch time!
You can also check out our Marvel Snap Schedule and Calendar section for details.
Let’s review the Development Roadmap, which was updated last in August 2023. Most of the “Coming Soon” section has been implemented, and with the major PC Launch out of the way, we should be starting to see some features in the “In Development” section as well as some announced features.
Infinite Rank Leaderboard
Infinite Rank Revamp and Global Matchmaking Phase 1 could be on the cards this season, but at the very least, an Infinite Rank Leaderboard was announced in the Season trailer.
Check out the video below:
Collectible Emotes & Card Emojis
New Loki and Odin Emotes were leaked intentionally by Second Dinner before the new September season, when the Featured Location Yashida Base was replaced by Time Theater, an upcoming location this season. If these Emotes are not the perfect time to be released, we don’t know when is!
Furthermore, a whole bunch of new Emotes were also showcased at the 2023 San Diego ComicCon The Art of Marvel Snap panel, based on popular memes:
There also appear to be new card reaction emotes, though we’re not sure if these will be arriving this particular patch.
More details can be found below:
Also, check out our guide on Marvel Snap Emotes in the meantime:
In the same SDCC panel, Zombie variants of Squirrel Girl and Blue Marvel were shown – and the significance behind this are the variants of the tokens themselves. We hope to see this confirmed in the patch datamine for the October season!
Everything we know about the next season so far:
Card Balance Updates
In our latest Meta Tier List, we’ve concluded that the metagame is still quite diverse thanks to the ongoing OTA balance updates. There’s still a lot to figure out, and there are no truly “safe” decks!
In the meantime, check out our latest breakdown ahead of the patch:
We hope you enjoyed this breakdown and preview of the upcoming patch! A lot of players will be eager to see what will be datamined for the next season. However, the last patch did not reveal too much when we expected to see more – so it could be the same story this month too. Still, be on the lookout for new cards, bundles, variants, potentially the October 2023 Season, and more, as soon as the patch drops.
We’ll see you again very soon! In the meantime, check back later for news regarding the patch!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!