Marvel Snap’s latest update is now live, including nerfs and buffs to 8 cards, Nexus Event compensation after its backlash in the community, some bug fixes, addition of Wave and Jane Foster to the list of cards in Pool 3, and more. Marvel Snap’s third beta season for August 2022, Heroes for Hire, also went live yesterday, so be sure to check out the full details below:
Table of Contents
Nexus Event Compensation
- All gold spent on the Nexus Event Test Your Might returned to players.
- Jane Foster base card given to all existing players
- Jane Foster added to the list of Pool 3 cards for new players
|The Collector||When a card enters your hand from anywhere (except your deck), +1 Power.||Nerf|
|Colleen Wing||[3/5] -> [2/4]||Buff|
|Hellcow||[2/6] -> [4/6]||Nerf|
|Kingpin||[3/4] When a card moves here on turn 6, destroy it.||Neutral|
|Lizard||[2/4] -> [2/5]||Buff|
|Nakia||[3/1] On Reveal: Give 2 cards in your hand +2 Power||Nerf|
|Rescue||[4/4] On Reveal: If you play a card here next turn, +5 Power.||Buff|
|Sword Master||[4/7] -> [3/6]||Buff|
Let us know what you think in the comments below and join in the discussion in our Discord community! In the meantime, check out the full official patch notes below:
NEXUS EVENT COMPENSATION
With this patch, any gold you’ve spent on Nexus Events will be returned. Additionally, the Jane Foster base card has been granted to ALL players regardless if you participated in Nexus Events. For new accounts created after this patch, Jane Foster is available in Pool 3.
Thank you for your feedback and sticking with us as we continue to improve the game. We have big dreams for the future of MARVEL SNAP – we want to build a game that’s here to stay and players love! To do that, we’re exploring fair and fun ways to add new cards to the game. As we test new monetization features, we’ll strive to provide value and create a player-friendly experience. We don’t have all the details quite yet, but we’ll be hard at work until we do.
- Any gold players spent on Nexus Events has been returned.
- Jane Foster: The Mighty Thor base card has been granted to all current players. (For new accounts created after this patch, Jane Foster is available in Pool 3.)
- You can now see your opponent’s card backs in the matchmaking screen
- Season Pass Experience gained from Matches now has the same rules as Missions. You no longer gain Season Pass Experience from Matches if you retreat on turn 1, 2, or 3, unless your opponent snapped.
- We now allow a player to retreat when an opponent “Snaps back” in the same turn.
ART & VFX UPDATES
- Updated sound effects for Human Torch (voice-over) and The Collector
- Added variety to the in-game announcer “Snap” voice-over
- The Collector – [2/1] When a card enters your hand from anywhere (except your deck), +1 Power.
Developer Comment: The Collector’s ability to gain power rapidly in many decks is a bit too out of control, especially at his Cost. We are reining him in with an adjustment to his Power gain potential.
- Colleen Wing [3/5] -> [2/4]
Developer Comment: Colleen Wing has been buffed to maintain the Energy curve of discard cards with Hellcow now at 4 Energy.
- Hellcow [2/6] -> [4/6]
Developer Comment: Hellcow is clearly a very strong card, so as we considered what direction to take her change we decided to adjust the curve of discard effects and how we cost them. Discarding two is now clearly a beneficial effect, so we have moved Hellcow’s “discard multiple” effect up to 4-Cost to nerf her. We are also subsequently buffing Sword Master and Colleen Wing to 3-Cost and 2-Cost respectively to maintain our curve of discard cards and help the two out.
- Kingpin: [3/4] When a card moves here on turn 6, destroy it.
Developer Comment: We believe that this update to Kingpin will make his functionality more clear, and give players more flexibility in when to play him to capitalize on his payoff.
- Lizard – [2/4] -> [2/5]
Developer Comment: Lizard’s performance was extremely weak, so we are giving him an extra power to help him out.
- Nakia – [3/1] On Reveal: Give 2 cards in your hand +2 Power
Developer Comment: Nakia had the potential to give massive amounts of power that players could reliably play out by using low Cost cards. We are nerfing the number of cards she will buff in order to keep this ability in check.
- Rescue – [4/4] On Reveal: If you play a card here next turn, +5 Power.
Developer Comment: Rescue’s performance is very weak right now, so we are adjusting her down to 4 Cost and 4 base Power to make her more competitive.
- Sword Master [4/7] -> [3/6]
Developer Comment: Sword Master has been buffed to maintain the Energy curve of discard cards with Hellcow now at 4 Energy.
- Jane Foster: The Mighty Thor has been added to Pool 3.
- Wave has been added to Pool 3.
- Jane Foster can now appear from effects that add random cards, such as Agent 13 or X-Mansion.
Enjoy our content? Wish to support our work? Join our Premium community, remove all advertisements, an exclusive badge, and more!