Marvel Snap October 4 2022 Patch Notes: Magik and Mister Negative Nerf!
Marvel Snap’s latest update is now live, as a start to its new season Symbiote Invasion and as more things are polished up for its global release on October 18, 2022! Further card rebalances, new variants, usual bug fixes, and more are now live with today’s patch. The new Welcome Bundle is also live for $2.99 which gives 700 Gold, a Captain America Variant and its Avatar.
Let us know what you think in the comments below and join in the discussion in our Discord community! In the meantime, check out the full official patch notes below or via the client in the “News” tab.
Table of Contents
Patch Notes – October 4, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: If you haven’t updated your game yet, get the latest in the app store!
We’ve polished up a lot of visuals in the game, you might experience more asset downloading happening with this update!
- Inbox: We’ve added an “Inbox” tab within the News section where you can expect to find messages and upcoming rewards!
- Welcome Bundle: Check out the Shop for a featured Welcome Bundle that includes a Captain America Variant Card, Captain America Variant Avatar, plus 700 Gold. (Welcome Bundle can only be purchased once!)
- Default FPS is now 30fps – we think that 30fps offers a good balance between fluidity and battery life. If you’d like to change this, you can increase to 60fps in the Settings menu.
- Variant Rarity System: 75% of existing variants are now labeled as Rare Variants and have had their cost reduced in the Daily Offers Shop from 750G to 700G. Other variants will become Super Rare and will now only be available in the Daily Offers shop for 1200G.
- We’ve added 75+ Rare Variants and 25+ Super Rare variants to the game!
- Added text support for the following languages (selectable from the language drop-down in the Settings menu – in addition to English and Latin American Spanish):
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Added Voice Over support for the following languages (in addition to English and Spanish):
ART & VISUAL EFFECTS
- Boosters are now color-coded to match their cards!
- Many, many elements were polished, adjusted, and generally spruced up!
- Bishop: [3/2] -> [3/1]
Developer Comment: Bishop sees a lot of play in a variety of decks as a strong generalist card. We’re hoping that, by nerfing him a bit, other options will be more appealing for players to explore.
- Magik: [5/3] You can’t play this on turn 6. On Reveal: Change this location to Limbo.
Developer Comment: Playing Magik to unexpectedly extend the game on the final turn is a very powerful and game-warping effect, so we are adding this restriction to her in order to tone her down.
- Mister Negative: [4/1] -> [4/-1]
Developer Comment: We believe the Magik change will have a big impact on Mr. Negative, but we are also taking a bit more power away from him.
- Nakia: [3/1] On Reveal: Give the 2 leftmost cards in your hand +2 Power.
- Ronan: [5/3] Ongoing: +2 Power for each card in your opponent’s hand.
Developer Comment: Ronan’s ability is very powerful at higher values, so we are reeling his cap in a bit to prevent him from getting out of control.
- Goose: [2/2] Ongoing: Nobody can play 4, 5, or 6-Cost cards at this location.
See the Developer Comment in Location Updates below.
- Text only updates:
Developer Comment: We have a number of updates to abilities that enact play restrictions to make them check the adjusted Cost of cards in hand rather than their original, base Cost. For example, if your Sentinel costs 4 due to Wave, you can play it at Crimson Cosmos.
- Crimson Cosmos: (OLD – 1, 2, and 3-Cost cards can’t be played here.) NEW – Cards that cost 1, 2, or 3 can’t be played here.
- Hellfire Club: (OLD – 1-Cost cards can’t be played here.) NEW – Cards that cost 1 can’t be played here.
- The Big House: (OLD – 4, 5, and 6-Cost cards can’t be played here.) NEW – Cards that cost 4, 5, or 6 can’t be played here.
- Fixed an issue where the deck selector, Battle Pass, and Ranked Rewards scrolling UI could disappear when switching tabs.
- Fixed an issue where the game would not launch properly if your device was set to an unsupported locale.
- Fixed an issue where the gold section of the shop would occasionally go missing for some players.
- Updated Agatha’s post game dialog to reference Boosters instead of Card XP
- If you have all possible mod combinations for a card, the option to infinity split is no longer present.
- Made several updates to the Carousel to make it easier to slide between pages.
- Fixed an issue where audio played through the tutorial into the main screen.
- Fixed an issue where the previous Fast Upgrade’s card art remained on screen when the shop refreshed.
- Clicking variants in the Daily Offers will no longer cause the focused card text to overlap with other cards.
- Fixed an issue where the season 5 promo asset was too compressed
- Added avatar art for several avatars, and re-adjusted some avatars that were not centered properly.
- Kraven now activates his ability if the card that moved is also destroyed.
- A mini version of the game board screen no longer shows at the end of matches.
- Quickly pressing Play multiple times in succession no longer brings up multiple matchmaking screens.
- Shine effects should no longer get stuck on the navigation bar.
- The Sort and Filter UI in the Collection screen can no longer be opened at the same time.
- Cards played in matches should no longer show up under the end of game results screen.
- Drawing cards from your deck that were shuffled in by Attilan are no longer invisible in-hand.
- Avatars now appear properly during the Stakes tutorials.
- Phones with notches no longer block the Punisher and Sentinel text during tutorial upgrades.
- Kingpin no longer destroys himself if he’s moved from his location.
- Clicking Next at the end of a game no longer turns the button pink.
- Prevented multiple pop-ups from appearing when clicking some buttons in the shop.
- The Booster icon should now animate properly on the Collection Level Trophy Road.
- Card descriptions are no longer broken after Infinity Splits.
- Opponent and player information windows now close if they are open when the match ends.
- Stakes Tutorial matches now show information at the end of the match.
- Base card nameplates are no longer missing textures.
- The lock icons now move properly when scrolling the Season Pass rewards.
- Professor X now stops cards from leaving the board when Lockjaw activates.
- Collector’s Reserves and Season Caches no longer show a white box when tapped on.
- The Collector Level Trophy Road progress bar no longer clips under the button for displaying your level when you earn rewards.
- There are no longer extra dots in the name when making a deck on Android.
- There is no longer duplicate UI on Fast Upgrade buttons after upgrading a card.
- Many card art and card/location VFX improvements!
Known Issues List
- When Special Offers is refreshed, cards can sometimes not load in fully or be slow to load in.
- Filter does not filter all relevant cards in non-English languages.
- Switching languages with filters active can cause your collection list to show empty until you restart the client.
- Creating multiple decks in a row in quick succession causes the deck list to disappear.
- Some currencies with large numerical values have text that’s hard to read on some buttons.
- Odin can cause games to go on too long when used in conjunction with multiple copies of himself.
- Previously-played On Reveal cards do not activate twice if Odin triggers while Wong is on the board.
- Cable and Mantis don’t interact properly with Widow’s Bite in-hand.
- Leader doesn’t copy cards that are destroyed.
- If Sakaar pulls cards that affect the following turn, that ability is active for 2 turns instead of 1.
- Some assets can be slow to load.
- Variants in the Daily Offers section of the shop don’t dynamically update to show you own it if you earn that variant as a mystery/cache reward during that shop refresh window. Note: Once you’ve earned the variant, it won’t show up in subsequent refreshes.
- There’s no warning if you try and matchmake without a full deck.
- Mister Fantastic’s VFX can play on the incorrect location if he or the location moves.
- Selecting some emotes in-game can focus locations on some devices.
- Auto-doubling of cubes doesn’t behave as intended with TVA active.
- There are certain situations where Captain Marvel may not move to the optimal location.
- Deathlok has broken VFX when he reveals.
- UI can be obscured on devices that have a front-facing camera.
- The Claim button does not stay on screen after making a purchase and will re-appear when you change tabs (this does not affect your ability to claim the purchase).
- If Limbo is de-activated on turn 6, stakes do not double at the end of game.
- Switching languages multiple times can cause some UI elements/card art to disappear until you restart.
- Card description information can disappear if you focus a card in Fast Upgrade then focus a card in your collection.
- The Bug Report UI does not display properly on Android.
- The Cube and player/opponent name font in-game does not display properly.
- The font for detailed text when tapping a location is too bold.
- The button for purchasing a Daily Offer can disappear if you are on the screen when the shop refreshes (Note: You can still purchase the existing variant by tapping the card/where the button would be, and can restart to get the button back).
- Card Variant text is hidden under the card art in the Ranked Reward track.
- Inbox messages with more than one line clip out of the UI.
- Notification pips do not disappear when you’ve read an inbox message.
- An extra dot appears when searching for specific search terms in the Filter view.
- Avatars don’t appear on the second tutorial’s matchmaking screen.
- Cards spawned or created by other cards/locations don’t display that info in their focused view.
- Upgrade particles can be left on the collection UI if you filter out cards that have the ability to upgrade.
- Strange Academy can display portals in the incorrect location when it moves cards, and may not move all cards at the same time.
- The “Never Before Seen” banner can show up slightly before the card appears.
- When Jubilee pulls other cards, they can activate their ability when they should not (eg: Lockjaw).
- Iron fist can remain on screen if his ability activates after he’s destroyed.
- If Arnim Zola destroyed the real Mysterio, no Mysterios are revealed to be real at the end of the game.
- Android has no setting for Haptics.
- Navigation bar tabs may become slightly mis-aligned when switching tabs.
- There is no prompt for reaching the daily booster limit.
- There is a small dot present on player names on the matchmaking screen.
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Giveaways and Promotions: Regularly, we will hold giveaways and promotions to the community.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Tournaments: More information coming soon to take advantage of the new Battle Mode!