Marvel Snap’s “Over the Air” hotfixes to cards are now live for August 17, 2023 – no need for a game update! Only three cards have been changed as part of a scheduled balancing cycle: Forge, Shanna and Crystal has had their effect, power and cost adjusted. The next OTA update is also confirmed for August 31, 2023. Check out the full details below!
- Forge – 2/1 – On Reveal: Give the next card you play +2 Power. ▶ 2/1 – On Reveal: Give the next card you play +3 Power.
- Shanna – 4/4 ▶ 3/2
- Crystal – 4/4 ▶ 3/3
For our analysis and some decks you can try, check out our article!
Welcome to this week’s OTA! We’re seeing some exciting developments in the meta with new decks popping up, so we’re keeping this week lighter on changes to allow things to develop. Let’s get into it:
- [Old] 2/1 – On Reveal: Give the next card you play +2 Power.
- [Change] …next card you play +2 Power. ->…next card you play +3 Power
Many cards make great use of Forge’s effect, but he’s not quite powerful enough to be competitive at the moment. Given how many potential combos he has, we’re hopeful that a buff to Forge will have a really positive effect on meta diversity by enabling many new deck variations to be viable. Even though we’ve only increased his effect by 1 Power, cards like Deadpool, Multiple Man, and Brood can quickly multiply this increase to much greater effect.
- [Old] 4/4 – On Reveal: Add a random 1-Cost card to each location.
- [Change] 4/4 -> 3/2
When we originally designed Shanna, we made her a 4-Cost to synergize with her companions Ka-Zar and Zabu. Even after a Power buff a few months ago, she hasn’t really found success so we’re going to try a different approach and push her down to 3-Cost. A Cost reduction should afford her more deckbuilding flexibility, and make her a more viable turn 6 play to add Power to each location.
- [Old] 4/4 – On Reveal: Each player draws a card.
- [Change] 4/4 -> 3/3
Crystal has consistently been one of our weakest cards since day 1. We’re very cautious about pushing Crystal’s Power as SNAP’s small deck sizes make each card draw matter a lot more. However, we want to give every card a chance to at least see some play, so we’re giving Crystal a push with a Cost reduction to 3. This should allow her to at least be a consideration in Surfer, and maybe even help a Ronan deck out.
That’s all for today! See you with our next OTA on 8/31.
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Exclusive Content: Get instant access to all our Premium articles!
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day, Top 30 Cards, and Top Card Pairs tailored for you!
- Team Coaching: Join our free weekly team coaching call sessions on the Discord server. Claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!