Marvel Snap’s Newly Discovered Customization Options Revealed!
Table of Contents
A few months back, Marvel Snap added the ability to change your username once a month. This enabled players to change their name that they disliked or that they just wanted to update to something fresher. Some players seized the opportunity to change their name and sync it with Titles and Avatars to create fun Combinations! Lately, several players and I have discovered the naming system goes beyond just basic text.
I noticed lately players who use symbols in their name or different language symbols, so that raised the question for me: what are the limitations for name creation? In this article, I will cover what newly discovered options have been found and what you can do with them!
I lately discovered you can use subscript to create wacky text options! Since you can’t change the fonts in game, this gives you a little more creativity with your letter choices. This option is a little harder than emojis to use, as you can’t easily type it on a mobile device. instead, you can search on Google “subscript creator” and use a web based converter to change something like this [Finicky Flounder] into this [Fᵢₙᵢcₖy Fₗₒᵤₙdₑᵣ]. Copy the subscript you generated and paste it into Snap’s name creator and you’re all set!
Note: On IPhone, users have reported not being able to paste text in the app. If any work around is found, I will update it here.
Here are a few examples of how subscript can spice up your username:
- ᵢ’ₘ dₑfᵢₙₑₜₗy ₛₒbₑᵣ [ Title – At Least I Used to Be]
- Gₒₜ ₜₕₑ ₘᵤₙcₕᵢₑₛ [Title – Insatiable Hunger (For Tacos)]
- “Bᵣₐᵢₙdₑₐd” Player here [Title – Have I defeated you before?]
In a very similar fashion to subscript, superscript allows to modify the text of the game to change the size and placement of text. It functions in the same way, including how to use it, but it creates different ways you can create! It turns text like this [Bananas] into this [ᴮᵃⁿᵃⁿᵃˢ]. Here are a few examples of how you can use this:
- Best Playerᵀᴹ
- Massiveᶦˢʰ intelligence
- a² + b² = Heimdall
While symbols are the thing that made me test the capabilities of the naming system, reddit user SouthLoop_Sunday posted “Using Subscripts is just the beginning of wacky name creation. Behold this menace!” and posting this image:
This made me dig further into symbols to see what is available! It turns out that Snap’s system allows many types of symbols, but not all of them. Some symbols turn into empty boxes, but there are still lots of options available! Just like subscript and superscript, you can use these in game by copy-pasting into the name field! Here’s a few examples that currently work in game:
- ( ㄏ-᷅_-᷄)ㄏ
- ┗(⊙_☉)┘ [Title – I’m Outside Your House]
Some players even have emojis in their name, but we were not able to duplicate this on PC or our phones by typing them in or copying and pasting. This may have been possible to do previously, and players were able to keep them!
With these new tools available, what names and title combos have you come up with? Are there other tricks you can use that we missed? Let us know down in the comments! If you haven’t already, make sure to check out our latest tier list as well as the new developer update for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy season!
Enjoy our content? You can Support Marvel Snap Zone and your favorite content creators by subscribing to our Premium community! Get the most of your Marvel Snap experience with the following perks for paid membership:
- No ads: Browse the entire website ad-free, both display and video.
- Meta Reports: Exclusive daily meta reports, such as the Top 10 Decks of the Day and Trending 30 Cards tailored for you!
- Early Access Tier List: Exclusive early access to the weekly Tier List update (decklists, rankings, and article) 24 hours before the article goes live! Get an early start on your competition!
- Premium Dashboard: Get full instant access to the member-only dashboard, the all-in-one page for all your benefits.
- Support: All your contributions get directly reinvested into the website to increase your viewing experience! You get also get a Premium badge and border on your profile.
- Discord: Join our Discord server, claim your Premium role and gain access to exclusive channels where you can learn and discuss in real time!
- Special offer: For a limited time, use coupon code SBYREX4RL1 to get 50% off the Annual plan!
I’ve been rocking emoji in my name (and many deck lists) for a while — currently “♥ LaurenWhatever ♥”.
I just tested and am still able to input emoji on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Both with software keyboards or by pasting (but you have to have a physical keyboard attached to paste). Note that the number of emoji that will actually show up in-game are very limited.
Like the basic hearts work (♥♡) but none of the emoji hearts like these work (❤️💜🖤).
These show up in names as colorful emoji: